Accessing Your Account
Create an Account
If you’re new to the Recommendation Portal, follow the steps below to create your account.
- Go to Letters by Liaison.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter the email address to which your applicant sent the recommendation request. You must use that email address in order to link your account to your applicant’s request. This will be your username.
- Enter and confirm a secure password. We recommend using a strong password that contains a mix of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Complete the fields in the Basic Information section. First name and last name are required.
- Complete the fields in the Professional Information section. Note that these are all optional and can be updated later.
- Click Create Account.
Access an Existing Account
If you've used the Recommendation Portal before (or used the previous Evaluator Portal), follow the steps below to access your account.
- Click the link in the email you received.
- Enter your username and password on the Welcome page.
- If you used the previous Evaluator Portal, enter your username and password for that site.
- If you created a new account in the Recommendation Portal, enter your email address as the username.
- Click Log In.
If you forgot your password, review the Reset Your Password section for instructions on retrieving it.
Reset Your Password
- Click the Forgot your password? link on the Welcome page.
- Enter the email address you used to create your account in the Email field.
- Click Send.
- Follow the instructions in the email you receive to reset your password. You must create and confirm a password which contains a minimum of 8 characters and includes at least 1 number and 1 uppercase letter.
Completing a Recommendation
All your recommendation requests appear on the Requests page. Use the filters on the left to sort the requests and view more or less of their details. Requests are categorized and color-coded by current status:
- Accepted: An orange status indicates that you accepted the applicant's recommendation request. Your next step is to complete it.
- Requested: A yellow status indicates a new request that you have not yet accepted. Your next step is to accept it.
- Completed: A green status indicates that you completed the applicant's recommendation. No further action is needed, but you can review your recommendation.
- Declined: A purple status indicates that you declined the applicant's request.
- Expired: A grey status indicates that the applicant's request has expired.
Review the Request
To begin your recommendation, click the Start button next to the applicant's name on the Requests page. Review the information provided by the applicant on the left-hand side of the page:
- Type: Indicates the type of request.
- Access: Indicates whether the applicant waived their right to access their completed recommendations.
- Applicant Email: Email address provided by the applicant. Use this email address if you need any additional information from the applicant.
- Requested On: The date on which the applicant sent the recommendation request.
- Requested By: The date on which the applicant requests the recommendation be complete.
- Applying To: The programs the applicant is applying to along with relevant association(s), if applicable.
Be sure to also review any notes from the applicant at the top of the page which may contain specific instructions.
Write the Recommendation
Depending on the program(s) the applicant is applying to, you may be prompted to complete one or more of the following assessments.
Use the drop-downs and fields to answer questions regarding your relationship to the applicant.
Use the text box to respond to essay/short-answer questions about the applicant. We recommend typing your response directly into the text box and using simple formatting.
If you are copying/pasting content from somewhere else, be aware that the formatting may not copy over correctly. To fix this, remove the formatting by first pasting the content into a text editor such as Notepad, then pasting it into this text box. Or, if you're using Google Chrome as your browser, right-click the text box and select "Paste as plain text."
Provide your ratings for the listed criteria. Click the information icon under each rating to view more details about it. To select a rating, click the blue slider and drag to the desired rating.
Select your overall recommendation for the applicant from the Recommendation Concerning Admission drop-down.
You can upload one document to support your recommendation of the applicant. Documents must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Portable Document Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rft), or Plain Text (.txt) format.
You can upload documents in two ways:
- Locate the file on your computer and click and drag it to the field labeled Drop files here to attach, or
- Click the Click to browse link in the field and locate and select the file on your computer.
Submit Your Recommendation
Click Preview & Submit to review and submit your recommendation. Your recommendation and, if applicable, letter appear in a preview window. If the recommendation and uploaded document look correct, click Yes, Upload It to proceed. Otherwise, click No, Cancel Upload to return to the request.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for troubleshooting information.
You can decline recommendation requests in Requested or Accepted status as necessary. Please note that you cannot undo this action.
- Click the Decline link next to the applicant's name.
- Enter an optional note explaining why you are declining the request.
- Click Decline.
To review a completed recommendation, locate the applicant in the Requests list. Click Download PDF to view a pdf version of the recommendation. You can also download or print a version of the recommendation by hovering your mouse over the top of the document and clicking the Download or Print icons.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Frequently Asked Questions|
If you need help, email us at email@example.com. Please include the following information in your email:
- Your full name
- The applicant's name and ten digit CAS ID #
- The file you're attempting to upload, if applicable
- Your username and password
You can also schedule a consultation appointment with our Customer Service team. Use this form to submit a best day and time for us to meet with you.
2. Types of Information You May Provide. Information we may collect from you on our Site falls into three categories: (i) Anonymous Information; (ii) Personal Information; and (iii) Activity Information. These categories are defined as follows:
- 2.1. Anonymous Information. The term “Anonymous Information” means information that does not identify you individually, and may include, for example, statistical information concerning the pages on our Website that you visit most frequently or the aggregation of Activity Information submitted by multiple Students.
- 2.2. Personal Information. The term “Personal Information” means information about you that would allow us (or others) to identify and contact you including, but not limited to: (i) your name; (ii) mailing address; (iii) telephone number; (iv) financial account information; (v) email address; and (vi) other, similar information.
- 2.3. Activity Information. The term “Activity Information” means any information you provide to us through our Site relating to clinical activities including, but not limited to: (i) your scheduled activities; (ii) clients you register; (iii) assessment instruments used; (iv) hours logged providing clinical services; (v) Supervisors and feedback provided by Supervisors; and (vi) other, similar information that you are able to provide through our Site.
3. Our Uses of Your Personal Information. You decide whether you wish to provide us with Personal Information. We may collect information from you at different points (for example, when you complete our registration process or sign up to receive our Alerts), and use this information as follows:
- 3.1. Account Registration; Account Types. We collect Personal Information in connection with your registration on our Site. We use Personal Information in connection with processing your registration and providing you with the products and services associated with creating an account. Please see below for a general description of the different benefits associated with each account type.
- 3.3. Verifying Your Identity. When you purchase services or request information from us via the Website, we may collect additional Personal Information beyond what we originally received in order to verify your identity and process your request. This is designed to further protect you and to reduce the threat of identity theft and fraudulent requests.
- 3.4. Communications to Us. If you send us an email with questions, comments or requests for additional information, or if you include your Personal Information when providing us with feedback about Liaison International, our Website, or our products and services, we may use your email address and other information included in your correspondence to respond to you.
- 3.5. Staying Updated; Alerts and Other Communications You may provide us with your email address and other Personal Information so that we can send you information concerning Liaison International, our Site, products, services, and other information (collectively, the “Alerts”). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to you. You will have the ability to opt out of receiving these materials as provided in Section 9 (Opting Out).
- 3.6. Informational Notices and Bulletins. We may periodically send news, bulletins, and other information to you, and will use Personal Information to send such communications. If we choose to send such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving some of them. Please refer to Section 9 (Opting Out) for more details.
- 3.8. Promotions. We believe that your experiences can often act as the strongest promotion of our products and services. Accordingly, we may wish to post on our Website or elsewhere, endorsements from you or testimonials you provide about your experiences with us. You agree that your Personal Information and experiences with us may be used and adapted for these purposes (without compensation). If we use your Personal Information and experiences in this manner, and such use discloses other Personal Information, we will obtain your permission before using any other Personal Information.
- 3.9. Information You Wish to Have Posted on the Website and Alerts. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide us with Submitted Content for posting on our Website or inclusion in our Alerts. We may use this Personal Information to respond to you, verify your identity and for other purposes. Please review Section 5 (Submitted Content) for information concerning how we treat Submitted Content (and any Personal Information) you may post on our Website or include in our Alerts.
- 3.10. Other Uses. In addition to the uses specifically identified in this Section 3 (Our Uses of Your Personal Information), we may use Personal Information you submit in any other manner we reasonably deem necessary in order to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us such as linking your Personal Information with your Activity Information so that Supervisors can review and verify its accuracy or provide feedback regarding the clinical hours that you recorded.
4. Our Uses of Your Activity Information. You decide whether to provide us with Activity Information. We collect Activity Information in connection with various services that we make available through our Site. Please note that Personal Information included with Activity Information will be treated as Activity Information, and not as Personal Information, and we will treat any Personal Information included or linked with Activity Information, as Activity Information. Rest assured, however, that you have some control over who is given access to your Activity Information:
- 4.1. Provision to Supervisors. We will link certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address, to Activity Information in order to provide the same to Supervisors that you designate. Please note that Supervisors are not given access to all of your Activity Information, but only to those portions that you identify.
- 4.2. Provision to School Representatives. We will link certain Personal Information to Activity Information in order to provide the same to those School Representatives that provided you with a Coupon that you used to pay for your Student account.
- 4.3. Provision to Students. We will link certain Personal Information with feedback that Supervisors provide about Students regarding their Activity Information, and provide the same Students for their review.
- 4.4. Exporting. Certain services available on our Site may allow you to export Activity Information, linked with certain Personal Information, to third parties or third party sites, such as AAPI Online. We will use your Activity Information, linked with Personal Information, in order to provide you with these services.
- 4.5. Other Uses. In addition to the uses specifically identified in this Section 4 (Our Uses of Your Activity Information), we may use Activity Information (whether or not linked with Personal Information) you submit in any other manner we reasonably deem necessary in order to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us.
- 4.6. Disclaimer. You acknowledge and agree that (i) we are providing your Personal Information and Activity Information to third parties pursuant to this Policy based on your request, and that we have no control over these third parties, and (ii) in the event that you have any right, claim or action against any third party receiving any combination of your Personal Information and Activity Information, then you will pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to, us.
6. Disclosures to Third Parties. We will not disclose (i) Personal Information, or (ii) Activity Information linked with Personal Information (collectively, the “Relevant Information”) about you to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- 6.2. Questions of Harm. We may disclose Relevant Information about you on a case-by-case basis to attorneys, private investigation organizations or law enforcement agencies if we believe that you are: (i) in risk of harm from another; (ii) harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others; or (iii) violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms of service or other legal obligations.
- 6.3. Legal. We will provide Relevant Information about you to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Relevant Information, we may attempt to notify you via the email address you provided (if any) within a reasonable time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted. In addition, we may share your Relevant Information with third parties as otherwise permitted by law in order, for example, to protect against fraud, the confidentiality or security of our business records or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
7. Our Use of Anonymous Information. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Website, products, services and for other purposes. This information provides us with potentially useful data concerning our users’ preferences and the efficacy and interest of our Site, products and services, and various general trends. In addition, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analysis of the general behavior and characteristics of users, and the use of our Website and related services, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties. Rest assured that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software supporting our Website through both the means described below and other means.
- 7.1. IP Addresses; Logs. Either directly, or through our hosting service provider, we may automatically receive and record information from your internet browser, including your IP address (the internet address of your PC), your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, where the computer is routing from and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information that will be aggregated with information about other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
- 7.2. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide a tailored user experience and to make it easier to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Site. In addition, other third-party websites may recognize our cookies stored on your computer, and use that information to provide you with information related to the content of our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies, though cookies must be enabled on your web browser if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Site.
- 7.4. Click-Throughs. We may send emails that use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 9 (Opting Out).
9. Opting Out. Because we respect privacy rights, we allow you to opt out of receiving certain information. If we choose to send bulletins, Alerts or other communications to you, we will provide you with the ability to decline, or opt out of, receiving such communications. In addition, you have the option to unsubscribe to our Alerts, and we will take reasonable steps to comply with this request in a timely manner. Instructions for opting out will be provided if and when we determine to send such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to opt out of formal notices concerning the operation of our Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to us and our Website.
10. Access; Removing Information. To allow you appropriate control over your Personal Information, you can request us to change, update or delete Personal Information that you have previously submitted to us. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before fulfilling such requests. You may also delete your name and other Personal Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove Personal Information completely due to system backups and records of deletions. In addition, if you request the deletion of your Personal Information, you will be unable to utilize the services associated with that Personal Information. We will fulfill deletion requests within a reasonable time.
12. Security. We have put in place security systems, physical and technical safeguards, and quality controls designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, Personal Information (collectively, the “Security Safeguards”). Our Security Safeguards are structured to deter and prevent unauthorized users and others from accessing Personal Information. Please understand that our Security Safeguards are not fail-proof and, due to the nature of internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and expressly disclaim (to the extent permitted by law), assurance that the information we receive about you via the Website will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access. Please note that you play a key role in protecting the security of your Personal Information. For example, you should guard your password to our Website, and not give it to others to use. In addition, you should close your browser when have finished viewing your information on our Website in order to prevent others from viewing your Personal Information.
- 13.2. Coupon. The term “Coupon” means the pre-paid Student subscription that School Representatives can purchase directly from Liaison International and provide to Students.
- 13.4. School Representative. The term “School Representative” means the educational institution that registers offline with Liaison International to become a School Representative.
- 13.5. Student. The term “Student” means those Site users that register through our Site to become a Student.
- 13.6. Submitted Content. The term “Submitted Content” has the meaning set out in our Terms of service.
- 13.7. Supervisor. The term “Supervisor” means those Site users that register through our Site to become a Supervisor.
14. Additional General Provisions.
- 14.1. Privacy Protection for Children. Our Website is not directed at children and we will not accept or request Personal Information from individuals we know to be under 13 years old. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), if we learn that a child under 13 years old has provided Personal Information, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases in accordance with our deletion procedures set out in Section 10 (Access; Removing Information), or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent in accordance with COPPA.