Community-Based Organization Details
Enter information about community-based organizations you received free assistance from. Review the FAQs below for more information.
- Indicate the number of community programs or organizations that have provided you with free assistance in your transfer application process.
- If you select 1, 2, or 3, select the organization from which you received the most help from the drop-down.
- Enter your counselor/advisor/mentor's full name, email address, and phone number.
- Select additional organizations, as needed.
- Click Save and Continue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a community-based organization?
Community-based organizations (CBOs) are non-profit organizations and college access programs that help students become college-ready.
They can also include:
- Charter school networks
- Local education foundations
- Federal, state, or local programs that aid students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound and GEAR UP).
Students who receive free college preparation support from a CBO can include those details in this section. You can include up to 3 organizations.
What if my CBO is not listed?
Select Other and enter the organization's name.
How can my organization be included in Common App's CBO list?
You may use our CBO list request form to add your organization.