Create a New Common App for transfer Account
When creating an account, consider the following:
- Create only one account to avoid processing delays and difficulties. Duplicate accounts and any documents associated with those accounts are deleted.
- For your own security, do not share your password or account information with anyone.
- Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.
- Use an email address that you check frequently to avoid missing important updates.
New Account Instructions
To create your account, you must select at least one program to which to apply. Once your account is established you may add or remove programs as needed before you submit your application. To create an account:
- From the application home page, click Create an Account.
- Complete the required fields, agree to the terms and conditions, then click Create my account.*
- A message appears that your account was successfully created. Click Continue.
- Use the arrows to review helpful information. When you're ready, click Start Your Application!
- Use the filters to find and select the programs to which you want to apply. Note that you can go back and change these selections at any point before you submit your application.
- When you are finished selecting your programs, click I am Done, Review My Selections.
- Review your selections, then click Continue To My Application to view your dashboard.
*You must enter your first and last name. If you only have one name, enter it in the applicable name field (i.e., first name or last name), then:
- Enter FNU if your first name is unknown.
- Enter LNU if your last name is unknown.
Once your account is created, you receive a CAS ID number. This appears in the top right corner of your application. If you need to contact customer service, provide this number to them so they can quickly find your application.
Terms and Conditions
When creating an account, you must agree to certain terms and conditions. For your convenience, these terms and conditions are included below. Note, however, that the terms and conditions that appear on the account creation page supplant the following information.
If you elect to use certain Services on the Site, you may be asked to agree to certain terms that are specific to such Services (the "Service Terms"). To the extent of any conflict between such Service Terms and this Agreement, such Service Terms shall govern.
Use of Site
You represent and warrant that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement. You agree not to use the Site for any unlawful or abusive purpose or in any way which interferes with our ability to provide Site and/or any Services to our customers, or damages our property. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Implement any manual processes to monitor or copy content from the Site without our express written permission;
- Utilize any device, software or routine that will interfere or attempt to interfere with the functionality of the Site;
- Interfere with another person's use and enjoyment of the Site;
- Use the Site for chain letters, junk mail, spamming, or use of distribution lists;
- Interfere with or damage the Site, including without limitation through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology, including methods that in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site; or
- Disrupt, interfere with, or otherwise harm or violate the security of the Site, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Site, or affiliated or linked sites.
THE MATERIALS AND CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." THE COMPANY, through and together with its directors, managers, officers, stockholders, members, agents, representatives, employees and affiliated entities (collectively, the "COMPANY Affiliates" and each, a "COMPANY Affiliate") MAKE NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE MATERIALS, CONTENT OR SERVICES WHATSOEVER AND DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES ARISING BY COURSE OF DEALING OR CUSTOM OR TRADE. THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY COMPANY AFFILIATE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, COMPENSATORY, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY COMPANY AFFILIATE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SITE OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES BY THE COMPANY.
YOU AND THE COMPANY AGREE THAT THIS SECTION, "LIMITATION OF LIABILITY", IS AN AGREED ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY.YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, THE COMPANY WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SITE OR SERVICES TO YOU.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AFFILIATES, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES), WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING FROM, INCURRED AS A RESULT OF, OR IN ANY MANNER RELATED TO (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, OR (B) YOUR PROMISES OR STATEMENTS MADE IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO WAIVE (TO THE EXTENT PERMISSABLE) ALL LAWS THAT MAY LIMIT THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE FOREGOING RELEASES.NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE INTENTIONAL OR GROSSLY NEGLIGENT ACTS OF ANY COMPANY AFFILIATES. THIS INDEMNIFICATION SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Ownership of the Site and Content
This Site, and all information, materials and content available on the Site, including without limitation any trademarks, logos, service marks, trade dress, text, and graphics (collectively the "Content"), is the property of the Company and/or certain third-parties. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Content without the written permission of the party that owns the Content, whether it be the Company or a third party.
Links to Other Materials
The sites linked to the Site, if any, are not necessarily under the control of the Company and the Company is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Any links included in the Site have been selected by the Company for your convenience. The selection or omission of links is not intended to endorse any particular companies or products. If you decide to access any of the third party linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, excluding that body of law applicable to conflicts of law. You agree that any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted only in a Massachusetts state or federal court sitting in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America. You hereby waive any objection you may have now or hereafter to the laying of the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding, and irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding.