Just getting started? Review The Common App for transfer Quick Start Guide.
Note that for the 2019-2020 cycle, the Common App for transfer essay prompt is "Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve."
With the new Common App for transfer, the essay has moved from the "common" portion of the application. In order to allow each college to choose whether or not to ask the essay question, the essay is now located in the Program Materials section for that college.
Please note that some colleges choose to not ask the Common App for transfer personal essay question, so it may not be available for those colleges. Also, colleges may choose to ask other essay questions in addition to, or in lieu of, the personal essay.
Got feedback? Click here to help us improve your experience.
- Starting Your Common App for transfer
- Get started with an overview of the process, important dates and fees, and contact information.
- Filling Out Your Common App for transfer
- Complete the application's four core sections: Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials.
- Sending Your Official Transcripts to The Common App for transfer
- Learn how to send your official transcripts to us so we can post them to your account.
- Submitting and Monitoring Your Common App for transfer
- Once you submit your application, monitor the status and follow-up on any necessary actions.