Report all institutions attended, regardless of:
- Their relevance to the programs you're applying to, and
- Whether the coursework completed there was transferred to another institution.
Also, report each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
Note the following:
- You are only required to submit an official transcript from the university where you earned your undergraduate (i.e., bachelor’s) degree. However, if you are a doctoral applicant, you’re also required to submit an official transcript from the university where you earned your graduate (i.e., master’s) degree. You do not need to submit official transcripts for coursework completed at other schools or universities (e.g., transfer credits, etc.).
- Official electronic transcripts (preferred method) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts sent by mail must remain in the original sealed envelope to be considered official. Unofficial transcripts are not accepted.
University of San Diego
Office of Graduate Admissions
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
- Your application will not be considered complete and ready for review until we receive your official transcript(s) and any other requirements.
- If you attended a foreign institution, you must request a World Education Services, Inc. (WES) foreign evaluation. Click here to request a course-by-course transcript evaluation.
- Some programs may require completion of prerequisite coursework (and may require additional transcripts that indicate prerequisite completion). It's your responsibility to determine if the program(s) you are applying to requires prerequisite coursework.
Once you submit your application, you cannot edit previously entered colleges and universities, but you can add new colleges and universities.
Adding a College or University
- Click Add a College or University.
- Type and select your college or university. It may take several tries to find your school, especially if it shares its name with others or could be spelled differently. For example, if you attended "Saint John's University," you may need to try "Saint John," "St. John," or "St John" (no period) to bring the school up on the list. If you exhausted all options and it does not appear, select Can't find your school?
- Select if you obtained (or plan to obtain) a degree from the selected institution.
- If you earned or plan to earn a degree, provide details about the earned or expected degree.
- Click Add another Degree to add additional degrees for this same college or university.
- Select your college's or university's term system. You can usually find this on the back of your official transcripts, or you can contact your college's registrar.
- Term system refers to the type of hours your credits are worth, not the length of the term or how many terms a year your college or university offered.
- If your transcript lists some courses as quarter and others as semester, enter the term type that is most common (i.e., if you have six quarter terms and two semester terms, enter quarter).
- Enter dates of the first and last terms you attended. Be sure to only enter each college or university you attended once, regardless of gaps in your attendance there.
- Click Save This College or University to complete the entry.
Transcripts from Foreign Colleges
If you completed coursework at an institution outside of the United States, you must send a World Education Services (WES) Foreign Transcript Evaluation. Contact your programs for more information.