The process for reporting Study Abroad coursework varies depending on the program type and how the domestic institution reports it. Review the options below to determine how to report your experience. Contact customer service with any questions.
Study Abroad at an Overseas US Institution
Study Abroad at Another US Institution
If you used another US institution's program to study abroad, studied via Semester at Sea, SIT, or a CEA study abroad program in their Global Campus Network, you need to:
Study Abroad via Any Other Method
If the two options above do not apply to you, you need to:
- List the courses with the rest of your undergraduate coursework at the home institution which you were enrolled in during your study abroad in the Transcript Entry section. Do not report the study abroad school as a foreign institution.
- Add the phrase "Study Abroad" to the title of each study abroad course entered. Make sure you mark these courses as Study Abroad during Transcript Review.
No additional transcripts or evaluations need to be submitted for these courses.
Note that VMCAS does not recognize study abroad company transcripts. If you studied abroad via a company such as IES, ISA, CIEE, DIS, etc., complete the steps above to properly report your study abroad coursework.
Overseas US Institutions List
- Abu Dhabi University
- American College Dublin
- American College of Greece
- American College in Jerusalem (closed in 1976)
- American College of Switzerland
- American College of Thessaloniki
- American University of Armenia
- American University Beirut
- American University in Bulgaria
- American University in Dubai
- American University in Paris
- American University of Rome
- American University of Sharjah
- Anglo-American University
- Cairo American University (formerly known as American University in Cairo)
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
- Franklin College Switzerland
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar
- Hebrew Union College (Jewish Institute of Religion)
- Huron University in London
- John Cabot University in Rome
- Lebanese American University
- McDaniel College in Budapest
- Northwestern University in Qatar
- Richmond The American International University of London
- Texas A&M University at Qatar
- United States International University in Nairobi, Kenya
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
- Zayed University