Download the Master College Code List for a holistic list of all college names and their respective codes. Every college contained in the Master College Code List has an MDB code. If available, its CEEB, FICE, and/or IPED code is also listed.
- MDB: Liaison’s unique college code.
- CEEB: College Entrance Examination Board code.
- FICE: Federal Interagency Committee on Education code.
- IPED: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System code.
If a college is accredited, the accreditation agency is also listed. This document is useful when extracting college data through the Export Manager and Report Manager.
The Master College Code List is very comprehensive since Liaison has:
- Added colleges and universities to this list over the past 20+ years,
- Created a unique MDB code for each institution, and
- Retained information for institutions that may have since closed.
You can also access the Master High School Code List for high school data.
College Code Updates
The following college has updated college code information as of August 21, 2020:
- The CEEB code for SUNY- Empire State College was changed from 8378 to 2214.
The following college has updated accreditation information as of May 14, 2020:
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF BEIRUT's accrediting agency is Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
The following colleges are included in the Master College Code List but won't be available for applicants to select from in the application until April 26, 2020:
- GALLATIN COLLEGE MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
- HIGHLANDS COLLEGE OF MONTANA TECH
- Symbiosis International University
The following college will be updated in the application on April 26, 2020:
- MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY - BILLINGS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY changed to CITY COLLEGE AT MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
- MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY - COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY - GREAT FALLS changed to GREAT FALLS COLLEGE MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
- MONTANA TECH OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA changed to MONTANA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
- TRINITY UNIVERSITY (DC) changed to TRINITY WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA - HELENA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY changed to HELENA COLLEGE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA
- UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA - MISSOULA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY changed to MISSOULA COLLEGE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA
The following colleges will be removed from the application on April 26, 2020. They will remain in WebAdMIT on the Applicant Details page and in the Export Manager, List Manager, and Report Manager.
- ARROWHEAD COMMUNITY COLLEGE REGION
- CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
- CONSORTIUM OF CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITIES
- FIVE COLLEGES
- GULF COAST COLLEGE
- INTER AMERICAN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF OPTOMETRY
- Invalid UHCC
- MASSACHUSETTS BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION
- MESABI COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- MISSOURI TECHNOLOGY
- NATIONAL TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL
- NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- NORTH ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE - SCHOOL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC
- PENN TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
- REGIONS UNIVERSITY
- SIERRA UNIVERSITY
- SILICON VALLEY COLLEGE
- SOUTH UNVERSITY - CLEVELEND
- VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- WESTERN COLLEGE
The Master College Code List was last updated on September 23, 2020.