This guide provides you with documentation, reference guides, and direct links that answer common admissions questions about the BU School of Law Applicant Gateway and WebAdMIT. It also contains resources that may help you work more efficiently throughout your admissions process. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact your Account Manager and Client Success Manager.
Important Contact Information
Contact or refer applicants to the BU School of Law Application Support team at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 857-557-8043
Contact the Client Support Specialist team for assistance with WebAdMIT at:
The Applicant Gateway opens in mid-September and closes in mid-September the following year.
Between mid-June and early August, configurations are entered in the prelaunch environment.
You can view new applicants and initiate a transfer settings shortly after the new cycle opens in mid-September.
Program Participation Requirements
BU requires all programs to designate two contacts at your institution who will receive all communication from BU and BU School of Law, including the configuration, Applicant Gateway, and WebAdMIT launch notifications.
The Applicant Gateway is a portal where applicants can complete the following admissions-related activities:
- Complete and submit supplemental applications
- Submit payments
- Schedule interviews
- Upload additional documents
- Accept offers
You can access the Applicant Gateway Help Center to review the applicant experience. You can direct any applicant inquiries related to their Applicant Gateway activities to BU School of Law Application Support.
Applicant Gateway in the Configuration Portal
The Applicant Gateway Guide contains all information related to configuring your program in the Applicant Gateway. You will need to first create your program in the prelaunch environment before it is available to applicants.
Use the following checklist to make sure you configure your program efficiently and completely. Also, review the best practices included in these articles.
☑ 1. Be Aware of Cycle Rollovers
- Keep in mind that all pages from the current cycle will be rolled over to the new cycle.
- Work with your Marketing or PR department to choose a branding logo and background image that meets the size and format specifications.
- Select the program and footer links that you want to be displayed to applicants.
- Review current school applications to help you determine which questions you need to ask and payments you want to collect.
- Create interview dates and times applicants can select from.
- Extend online admissions offers, which applicants can accept or decline.
- Collect tuition deposits from applicants and determine if the deposits are paid in single or multi-installment payments.
☑ 7. Configure Documents
- Ensure you have specific instructions for any documents you are requesting.
- Monitor your program’s status by returning to the Configuration Portal.
Review the WebAdMIT Manual for any questions related to working in WebAdMIT. The Documentation and Reference Guides and WebAdMIT Training and Support sections are additional resources as you configure WebAdMIT for your needs. Documents commonly requested include:
- API Overview: learn how to set up an API and schedule automatic data exports from WebAdMIT into your SIS/ERP.
- Manual Designations: learn how to add additional programs (i.e., designations) to an application in WebAdMIT.
- Enabling Applicant Gateway activities: review how to extend Applicant Gateway invitations to applicants for completion.
- Transfer Settings Guide: a review of how programs and templates built in WebAdMIT are carried forward each cycle.
The Release Notes feature new enhancements in the Applicant Gateway, Configuration Portal, and WebAdMIT, in addition to upcoming training opportunities.
For any questions, contact the Client Support Specialist Team.