Creating Email Templates
WebAdMIT allows you to create and save email templates for quick correspondence with applicants.
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Email Templates.
2. Click New Email Template.
3. Enter a name, select the associated programs, and select who can view the email template.
4. Enter a subject, and format your email. The email editor allows you to:
- Bold, Italicize, and Underline text
- Change font type
- Change font size
- Use merge fields
- Change font color and background color
- Create a link or insert an image
- Create numbered list, bullet points, and increase or decrease the indentation
- Left, Center, or Right justify text
To add an image or logo:
- Obtain a URL link for the image. You can do this by either searching online for your image or working with your IT or Marketing staff.
- Next, drag and drop it into the email template (if dragging and dropping from a website, be sure you are using the same browser), or click the image icon, then enter the image's link. Note that an error message displays when an incorrect image link or data URL is used.
Right-click on the image to edit its properties, including size.
To personalize the message using mail merge fields, click the lightbulb icon, then select the information you want to merge into the message.
5. Click Save.
Note: When using interview locations in a mail merge, the Interview Type is included with the Interview Location. For example, if your interview type is First Interview and your location is Conference Room 243, the resulting email will display the information as First Interview: Conference Room 243 when selecting the Interview Location merge field.