Getting Started with Data Extraction
If you're just getting started with WebAdMIT's data extraction tools, we recommend you review the following information:
- Create customized data files through the Export Manager. You can include only the information that you want, in the order you want it. Be sure to review your CAS's data dictionary and master code lists to learn what fields are available to you.
- Bulk download applicant files through the PDF Manager. Bulk downloads can include the full application PDF, transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Pull pre-built reports on your applicants and admissions users through the Report Manager. Reports can also help you compare your applicant pool to the entire CAS applicant pool.
- If available to you, spot trends and help shape your class through reports in Analytics by Liaison.
Additionally, if you're interested in creating a data feed between WebAdMIT and your data systems, explore these resources:
- Review the Data Integration guide for best practices and tips in moving records from WebAdMIT into your institution's systems.
- The WebAdMIT API is the tool that allows you to integrate applicant data into your institution's SIS/ERP system.
- You can also explore additional APIs, like the Custom Fields API and PDF Manager API.
Working with WebAdMIT's API Features
Our WebAdMIT API allows developers to automate admissions tasks. For an overview of API and data integration with WebAdMIT, review the API page. You must have the API Access permission in your Work Group to do this.
Note that if you're interested in a TargetX-CAS integration, contact your Account Manager for more information.
Visit our API Documentation site for more information. There are several APIs available:
Use our Export API to extract applicant data from WebAdMIT for analysis, processing, or other integration with on-campus systems.
Record arbitrary applicant information programmatically using Custom Fields. Fields such as University ID, University email, etc. can be magically filled in by back-office applications.
Use our PDF Manager API to asynchronously export printable applicant data with ease.