Getting Started with Data Extraction
If you're just getting started with WebAdMIT's data extraction tools, we recommend you review the following information:
- Create customized data files through the Export Manager. You can include only the information that you want, in the order you want it. Be sure to review your CAS's data dictionary and master code lists to learn what fields are available to you.
- Bulk download applicant files through the PDF Manager. Bulk downloads can include the full application PDF, transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Pull pre-built reports on your applicants and admissions users through the Report Manager. Reports can also help you compare your applicant pool to the entire CAS applicant pool.
- Configure and schedule SFTP deliveries to your Student Information System (SIS).
- If available to you, spot trends and help shape your class through reports in Analytics by Liaison.
Additionally, if you're interested in creating a data feed between WebAdMIT and your data systems, explore these resources:
- Review the Integration Help Center for best practices and tips in moving records from WebAdMIT into your institution's systems.
- The WebAdMIT API is the tool that allows you to integrate applicant data into your institution's SIS/ERP system.
- You can also explore additional APIs, like the Custom Fields API and PDF Manager API.
As an admissions user, you may need to integrate the applicant data coming from WebAdMIT with your institution's SIS/ERP system. To make this process easier for you, you can use our WebAdMIT API to automate this data transfer. Visit the Integration Help Center for an overview of the WebAdMIT API and data integration best practices. You can also explore our other API options.
If you're interested in a TargetX-CAS integration, contact a member of your account team for more information.
Gaining Access to This Feature
Access to the WebAdMIT API feature is controlled through Work Groups. You must have the API Access permission to query WebAdMIT using the API. You can access and generate API keys by clicking Account in the Page Header.
Working with WebAdMIT API Features
There are several APIs available. You can access more in-depth documentation about each API at developer.webadmit.org.
Use our Export API to extract applicant data from WebAdMIT for analysis, processing, or other integration with on-campus systems.
Record arbitrary applicant information programmatically using Custom Fields. Fields such as University ID, University email, etc. can be magically filled in by back-office applications.
Use our Decision Code API to automatically update in batch applicant Decision Codes.
Use our PDF Manager API to asynchronously export printable applicant data with ease.