Creating Direct Applicants
Best Practices for Managing Your Applicant Pool
If you're just getting started with managing your applicants, we recommend you review the following information.
- Track applicants during each stage of your admissions process. Review the Local Statuses Best Practices page for additional tips.
- Feature select fields and add an applicant photo to the Applicant Header.
- Add and manage internal admissions notes to applications.
Depending on your CAS, you may also have access to these additional features:
- Add an alternate program to an applicant's file using the Manual Designations feature.
- Enter applicants and their basic application data directly into WebAdMIT through the Direct Applicants feature.
- Identify and manage Early Decision (ED) applicants.
The Direct Applicant feature is offered in WebAdMIT for select CASs. This feature allows admissions users to enter directly into WebAdMIT applicants who did not apply through their respective application service.
Once you add a direct applicant, you can work with them in WebAdMIT, including in lists, exports, emails, and reporting.
Gaining Access to This Feature
The Add Direct Applicant feature is available under the Applicants panel and access to this tool is controlled through Work Groups. You must have the Manage Direct Applicants permission to manually add applicants to WebAdMIT.
Adding a Direct Applicant
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicants panel, then click Add Direct Applicant.
- Enter the applicant's information on the following pages and click Next.
- Select the Direct Applicant Complete? checkbox and click Next.
The applicant then appears in WebAdMIT with the Direct Applicant application status.
Editing a Direct Applicant
If you need to make changes to a direct applicant's information, click the Edit Direct Applicant button in the Applicant Header.