Best Practices with Managing Your Applicant Pool
If you're just getting started with managing your applicants, we recommend you review the following information.
- Track applicants during each stage of your admissions process. Review the Local Statuses Best Practices page for additional tips.
- Feature select fields and add an applicant photo to the Applicant Header.
- Add and manage internal admissions notes to applications.
Depending on your CAS, you may also have access to these additional features:
The Direct Applicant feature is offered in WebAdMIT for select CASs. This feature allows admissions users to enter directly into WebAdMIT applicants who did not apply through their respective application service. Note that you must have the Manage Direct Applicants permission in your Work Group to do this.
- To create a Direct Applicant, click Add Direct Applicant under the Applicants panel from the Menu Bar.
- Enter the applicant's information on the Applicant Info page.
- Enter the applicant's contact information.
- Enter the applicant's other information, including ethnicity, parental data, education history, and test scores.
- The applicant then appears in WebAdMIT with the Direct Applicant application status.