WebAdMIT allows you to create tasks for reviewers. Assignments appear on a user's dashboard until completed.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Assignments.
- Click New Assignment Type.
- Enter a name and select the associated programs. If you don't select programs when you create your Assignment, your template is marked as deactivated. Once you reactivate it, the template will automatically have all programs selected. Additionally, if you deselect all remaining activated programs, the template is marked as deactivated.
- Select if you want to use questions. If adding questions for the reviewer, enter a question name. This can be used to indicate what items should be reviewed. Then indicate if you want to use scores and/or comments with the questions. Additionally, select whether the question is active.
- Select if you want to use overall scores. If adding overall scores when using questions:
- Select Average of Questions to provide an average score across all question scores.
- Select Sum of Questions to provide a sum of all question scores.
- Select Enter by User to allow the user to enter a score; use this option if you are not using questions or if the overall score is not a direct calculation of the questions.
- Select if you want to use overall comments. Allowing Overall Comments enables a text box for reviewers to enter comments.
- Select if you want to use overall remarks. If adding overall remarks, enter the items that you want to appear in a drop-down list for users.
- Enter instructions if desired, then click Submit.
If you deactivate an Assignment template after it has been assigned and/or completed for applicants, all instances of the template are removed from the Assignments panel on the Applicant Details page. If you reactivate the template, all information including any completed fields reappears on the Applicant Details page.
Assignments are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission in their Work Group can assign an applicant to a reviewer.
- To allocate an Assignment to a user, navigate to the Assignments panel on the desired Applicant Details Page, and click New Assignment. Note that this button only appears when at least one Assignment Type exists for an applicable program.
- Select an Assignment.
- Select the user who is to complete the Assignment. To select multiple users, press and hold down the control key (Command on Mac) while selecting the applicable users.
- To choose the due date for the Assignment, click the due by field, and select a date.
- Click Submit.
Assignment Notification Emails
When you have at least one applicant assigned to you, you'll receive periodic email notifications. There are two notification types, daily and weekly, that can be enabled in your Email Notifications settings.
- Daily Assignment Emails: When you select this type of notification, you receive an email the day after an Assignment is created for you. For example, if on Tuesday morning you receive an Assignment, then a notification of this Assignment is sent on Wednesday. Note that this email is sent even if you completed the Assignment on the same day it was created. For example, if on Tuesday morning you receive an Assignment and then complete it on Tuesday afternoon, a notification of this Assignment is still sent on Wednesday.
- Weekly Assignment Emails: When you select this type of notification, you receive an email each Monday morning that lists all assignments you have not yet completed. These emails discontinue once you have completed your Assignments.
Example of Weekly Assignment Email:
To adjust your Email Notification settings:
- Click Account at the top right of the page and then click Edit My Account.
- At the bottom of the My Account page, click Email Notifications.
- Select your desired notification options and click Submit.
If you are a WebAdMIT Administrator, you can also adjust the Email Notifications settings for other users.
Note that for some CASs, Email Notifications are not an option until the 2018-2019 cycle.
Submitting Assignment Results
Completing the Assignment
Once applicants have been assigned to a user, the user can view the assignments from the Dashboard.
Clicking an applicant's name takes you to their Applicant Details Page, where the Assignment results can be submitted.
- To complete an Assignment, click Submit Results from the Assignments panel.
- Enter scores and comments, where applicable.
Note that when using questions, the individual score field is required (if enabled). Depending on the assignment's configuration, overall scores are calculated by a sum or average of the question scores, or they can be entered independently by the reviewer.
- Enter overall comments and overall remarks, then click Complete Assignment to submit your responses or Save without Completing to save your input for future edits.
Updating Completed Assignments
Users with the View Other User's Assignment/Interview Results permission enabled in their Work Group can view the results of other user's completed assignments. Users with the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission have the ability to edit completed Assignments.
- To update a completed Assignment, navigate to the Assignment and click the Date link.
- Edit the Assignment, then click Update Results.
Searching for Assignments
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicants panel, then click Search Assignments.
- You can apply one or more filters to refine the list of search results. Only applicants you have permission to view will appear in your results. If filters are hidden, click the Show Filters button to display them.
- Click the Sort Results button to sort your results by name, email address, or ID number.
Applying Search Actions to Selected Applicants
Use the checkboxes in the first column of your search results to select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Add Checked Applicants to Clipboard: Add the selected applicants to the clipboard.
- Assign Checked Applicants: Assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (you must have at least one Assignment Type set up).
- Interview Checked Applicants: Create an Interview for the selected applicants (you must have at least one Interview Type set up).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: Change the Local Status for the selected applicants.
- Email Checked Applicants: Send an email to the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: Update the custom fields that were defined for selected applicants.
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: Select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function appears only if requirements were configured).
Warning: Assigning or Interviewing Checked Applicants are features that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.