Best Practices in Setting Up a Review Process
If you're just getting started with building a review process in WebAdMIT, we recommend that, where applicable, you complete the following steps in the order listed:
- Build a checklist of supplemental requirements for each applicant.
- Track applicants during each stage of your admissions process.
- Store information in Custom Fields that your program needs but is not collected from the applicant in the CAS application.
- Upload documents directly to an application in WebAdMIT, whether it's a document the applicant sends you or one that you want to attach to their file.
- Create tasks for reviewers through Assignments, where the reviewer can add their comments and scores.
- Create and assign Interviews for reviewers, including tracking the date and location of the interview.
- Score applicants based on institutional rating policies.
- Depending on your CAS, you may also have access to retrieving background checks.
Additionally, explore these resources for best practices when building a review process:
WebAdMIT allows you to create tasks for reviewers. Assignments appear on your Dashboard until completed.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Assignments.
- Click New Assignment Type.
- Enter a name and select the associated programs. If you don't select programs when you create your Assignment, your template is marked as deactivated. Once you reactivate it, the template will automatically have all programs selected. Additionally, if you deselect all remaining activated programs, the template is marked as deactivated.
- Select if you want to use questions. If adding questions for the reviewer, enter a question name. This can be used to indicate what items should be reviewed. Then indicate if you want to use scores and/or comments with the questions. Additionally, select whether the question is active.
- Select if you want to use Overall Scores. If adding overall scores when using questions:
- Select Average of Questions to provide an average score across all question scores.
- Select Sum of Questions to provide a sum of all question scores.
- Select Enter by User to enter a score; use this option if you are not using questions or if the overall score is not a direct calculation of the questions.
- Select if you want to use Overall Comments. Allowing overall comments enables a text box for reviewers to enter comments.
- Select if you want to use Overall Remarks. If adding overall remarks, enter the items that you want to appear in a drop-down.
- Enter instructions if desired, then click Submit.
If you deactivate an Assignment template after it has been assigned and/or completed for applicants, all instances of the template are removed from the Assignments panel on the Applicant Details page. If you reactivate the template, all information including any completed fields reappears on the Applicant Details page.
Assignments are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission in their Work Group can assign an applicant to a reviewer. Assignments are also available when working with Lists, Exports, and Scoring.
- To allocate an Assignment to a user, navigate to the Assignments panel on the desired Applicant Details page, and click New Assignment. Note that this button only appears when at least one Assignment Type exists for an applicable program.
- Select an Assignment.
- Select who is to complete the Assignment. To select multiple users, select all the applicable checkboxes.
- To choose the due date for the Assignment, click the due by field, and select a date.
- Click Submit.
Assignment Notification Emails
When you have at least one applicant assigned to you, you'll receive periodic email notifications. There are two notification types, daily and weekly, that can be enabled in your Email Notifications settings.
- Daily Assignment Emails: when you select this type of notification, you receive an email the day after an Assignment is created for you. For example, if on Tuesday morning you receive an Assignment, then a notification of this Assignment is sent on Wednesday. Note that this email only includes Assignments that you have not yet completed.
- Weekly Assignment Emails: when you select this type of notification, you receive an email each Monday morning that lists all Assignments you have not yet completed. These emails discontinue once you have completed your Assignments.
Example of Weekly Assignment Email:
The Log in to WebAdMIT button included in the email directs users back to WebAdMIT's main site. If you're in a CAS using Single Sign On (SSO), you may need to log in using your CAS-specific URL instead. We recommend bookmarking your appropriate URL.
To adjust your Email Notification settings:
- Click Account at the top right of the page and then click Edit My Account.
- At the bottom of the My Account page, click Email Notifications.
- Select your desired notification options and click Submit.
If you are a WebAdMIT Administrator, you can also adjust the Email Notifications settings for other users.
Submitting Assignment Results
Completing the Assignment
Once applicants have been assigned, you can view your Assignments from the Dashboard. Clicking an applicant's name takes you to their Applicant Details page, where the Assignment results can be submitted.
- To complete an Assignment, click Submit Results from the Assignments panel.
- Enter scores and comments, where applicable. If scores are enabled, the individual score field is required. Depending on the Assignment's configuration, overall scores are calculated by a sum or average of the question scores, or they can be entered independently by the reviewer.
- Enter overall comments and overall remarks, then click Complete Assignment to submit your responses or Save without Completing to save your input for future edits.
Updating Completed Assignments
If you have the View Other User's Assignment/Interview Results permission enabled in your Work Group, you can view the results of other user's completed Assignments. If you have the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission, you can edit completed Assignments.
- To update a completed Assignment, navigate to the Assignment and click the Date link.
- Edit the Assignment, then click Update Results.
Searching for Assignments
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicants panel, then click Search Assignments.
- You can apply one or more filters to refine the list of search results, including searching by Any Value and None in some drop-downs. Only applicants you have permission to view will appear in your results. If filters are hidden, click the Show Filters button to display them.
- Click the Sort Results button to sort your results by name, email address, or ID number.
Applying Search Actions to Selected Applicants
Use the checkboxes in the first column of your search results to select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Add Checked Applicants to Clipboard: add the selected applicants to the Clipboard.
- Assign Checked Applicants: assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (this function only appears if Assignments are configured).
- Interview Checked Applicants: create an Interview for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Interviews are configured).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: change the Local Status for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Local Statuses are configured).
- Email Checked Applicants: send an email to the selected applicants.
- Clear Last Exported Date Timestamp for Checked Applicants: remove the Last Exported date recorded in WebAdMIT for the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: update the custom fields that have been defined for selected applicants (this function only appears if Custom Fields are configured).
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Requirements are configured).
- Enable Applicant Gateway Activities for Checked Applicants: activate the pre-configured Applicant Gateway activities for selected applicants (only available for select CASs; this function only appears if Applicant Gateway activities are configured).
Warning: enabling Applicant Gateway Activities and Assigning/Interviewing Checked Applicants are advanced functions that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.