WebAdMIT allows you to create tasks for reviewers. Assignments appear on a user's dashboard until completed.
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Assignments.
2. Click New Assignment Type.
3. Enter a name, select the associated programs, and indicate if you want to use questions, overall scores, overall comments, and overall remarks.
If adding questions for the reviewer, enter a question name. This can be used to indicate what items should be reviewed. Then indicate if you want to use scores and/or comments with the questions. Additionally, select whether the question is active.
If adding overall scores when using questions:
- Select Average of Questions to provide an average score across all question scores.
- Select Sum of Questions to provide a sum of all question scores.
- Select Enter by User to allow the user to enter a score; use this option if you are not using questions or if the overall score is not a direct calculation of the questions.
Allowing Overall Comments enables a text box for reviewers to enter comments.
If adding overall remarks, enter the items that you want to appear in a drop-down list for users.
4. Enter instructions if desired, then click Submit.
Assignments are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission in their Work Group can assign an applicant to a reviewer.
1. To allocate an Assignment to a user, navigate to the Assignments panel on the desired Applicant Details Page, and click New Assignment. Note that this button only appears when at least one Assignment Type exists for an applicable program.
2. Select an Assignment.
3. Select the user who is to complete the Assignment. To select multiple users, press and hold down the control key (Command on Mac) while selecting the applicable users.
4. To choose the due date for the Assignment, click the due by field, and select a date.
5. Click Submit.
Submitting Assignment Results
Once applicants have been assigned to a user, the user can view the assignments from the Dashboard.
Clicking on an applicant's name takes you to their Applicant Details Page, where the Assignment results can be submitted.
1. To complete an Assignment, click Submit Results from the Assignments panel.
2. Enter scores and comments, where applicable.
Note that when using questions, the individual score field is required (if enabled). Depending on the assignment's configuration, overall scores are calculated by a sum or average of the question scores, or it can be entered independently by the reviewer.
3. Enter overall comments and overall remarks, then click Complete Assignment to submit your responses or Save without Completing to save your input for future edits.
Updating Completed Assignments
Users with the View Other User's Assignment/Interview Results permission enabled in their Work Group can view the results of other user's completed assignments. Users with the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission have the ability to edit completed Assignments.
1. To update a completed Assignment, navigate to the Assignment and click the Date link.
2. Edit the Assignment, then click Update Results.
Searching for Assignments
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicants panel, then click Search Assignments.
2. You can apply one or more filters to refine the list of search results. Only applicants you have permission to view will appear in your results. If filters are hidden, click the Show Filters button to display them.
3. Click the Sort Results button to sort your results by name, email address, or ID number.
Applying Search Actions to Selected Applicants
Use the checkboxes in the first column of your search results to select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Add Checked Applicants to Clipboard: Add the selected applicants to the clipboard.
- Assign Checked Applicants: Assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (you must have at least one Assignment Type set up).
- Interview Checked Applicants: Create an Interview for the selected applicants (you must have at least one Interview Type set up).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: Change the Local Status for the selected applicants.
- Email Checked Applicants: Send an email to the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: Update the custom fields that were defined for selected applicants.
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: Select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function appears only if requirements were configured).
Warning: Assigning or Interviewing Checked Applicants are features that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.