WebAdMIT allows you to create and assign Interviews for reviewers. Interviews appear on a user's dashboard until completed.
Creating Interview Types
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Interviewing.
- Click New Interview Type.
- Enter a name and select the associated programs. If you don't select programs when you create your Interview, your template is marked as deactivated. Once you reactivate it, the template will automatically have all programs selected. Additionally, if you deselect all remaining activated programs, the template is marked as deactivated.
- Add schedule information, if applicable. When adding schedule information, use the add icon to add dates and times. Additionally, if applicable, select a Maximum Seat number. This prevents you from over-assigning this date/time.
- Select if you want to use locations. This allows you to record where interviews take place, such as Room 121B or North Campus.
- Select if you want to use questions. If adding questions for the reviewer, enter a question name. This can be used to indicate what items should be reviewed. Then indicate if you want to use scores and/or comments with the questions. Additionally, select whether the question is active.
- Select if you want to use overall scores. If adding overall scores when using questions:
- Select Average of Questions to provide an average score across all question scores.
- Select Sum of Questions to provide a sum of all question scores.
- Select Enter by User to allow the user to enter a score; use this option if you are not using questions or if the overall score is not a direct calculation of the questions.
- Select if you want to use overall comments. Allowing Overall Comments enables a text box for reviewers to enter comments.
- Select if you want to use overall remarks. If adding overall remarks, enter the items that you want to appear in a drop-down list for users.
- Enter instructions if desired, then click Submit.
If you deactivate an Interviewing template after it has been assigned and/or completed for applicants, all instances of the template are removed from the Interviews panel on the Applicant Details page. If you reactivate the template, all information including any completed fields reappears on the Applicant Details page.
Interviews are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission in their Work Group can assign an applicant to an Interviewer.
- To assign an interview to an applicant individually, go to the Interviews panel on the desired Applicant Details page, and click New Interview.
- Select the Interview type and date/time.
- Assign an Interviewer and location and click Submit. To select multiple interviewers, press and hold down the control key (Command on Mac) while selecting the applicable Interviewers.
Interviews can also be assigned in batch. List Actions, Search Actions, and Clipboard Actions each contain an Interview Checked Applicants option.
Selecting this brings up the Interview Assignment window, where you can select the desired options.
Submitting Interview Results
Completing the Interview
Once an Interview has been assigned to a user, the user will have an Interviews panel on their dashboard. Clicking the applicant's name takes you the Applicant Details Page.
- Navigate to the Interviews panel and click Submit Results.
- Where applicable, enter scores, comments, overall comments, and overall remarks, then click Complete Interview to submit your responses. The overall score is calculated by summing or averaging the individual question scores, or it can be entered independently by the interviewer (depending on question configuration).
Updating Completed Interviews
Users with the View Other User's Assignment/Interview Results permission enabled in their Work Group can view the results of other user's completed Interviews. Users with the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission have the ability to edit completed Interviews.
- To update a completed Interview, navigate to the Interview and click the Date link.
- Edit the Interview, then click Update Results.
Searching for Interviews
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicants panel, then click Search Interviews.
- You can apply one or more filters to refine the list of search results, including searching by "Any Value" and "None" in some drop-downs. Only applicants you have permission to view will appear in your results. If filters are hidden, click the Show Filters button to display them.
- Click the Sort Results button to sort your results by name, email address, or ID number.
Applying Search Actions to Selected Applicants
Use the checkboxes in the first column of your search results to select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Add Checked Applicants to Clipboard: add the selected applicants to the clipboard.
- Assign Checked Applicants: assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (you must have at least one Assignment Type set up).
- Interview Checked Applicants: create an Interview for the selected applicants (you must have at least one Interview Type set up).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: change the Local Status for the selected applicants.
- Email Checked Applicants: send an email to the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: update the custom fields that were defined for selected applicants.
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function appears only if requirements were configured).
Warning: Assigning or Interviewing Checked Applicants are features that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.
Working with Interviewer Availability
WebAdMIT allows you to configure which time slots are available for each user to conduct interviews.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Admissions Users.
- Click the calendar icon for the applicable user. Note that this icon only appears if Interviews were created/enabled.
- Click the pencil icon for the applicable Interview type.
- Select the days and times the user is available to conduct Interviews, then click Submit.
The user becomes grayed out for any dates/times that are unchecked here.