Getting Started with Searching Your Applicant Pool
If you're just getting started with searching your applicant pool, we recommend you review the following information:
- Run quick, basic searches on your applicants, such as searching by their name or grouping applicants by program.
- Build lists that filter applicants by multiple criteria (e.g., regional applicants, Verified applicants with a high GPA, etc.). Be sure to review the Template Naming Tips page for best practices in naming templates you create.
- Combine lists to create advanced searches (e.g., regional applicants who are Verified with a high GPA).
- Create a personal ad hoc list of applicants, setting them aside for later use.
WebAdMIT allows you to group and manage applicants by common criteria. Once you create a list, you can access it as needed and perform various actions. Lists are dynamic and update as your applicant pool changes. The List Manager allows you to create Field Lists based on data from the application, and Composite Lists based on existing Field Lists.
Creating Composite Lists
There are situations where you may wish to create a more advanced list, one that queries for applicants that match several criteria and/or several other criteria simultaneously. This can be accomplished using the Composite List feature. Specifically, composite lists allow you to combine "any" and "all" functions in one list. For example, you can create a list that contains:
- All applicants residing in NY and in the Wait Listed Decision Code, and
- All applicants residing outside of NY and in the Deferred Decision Code.
- Click New Composite List.
- Name the list, indicate if it should appear in the Menu Bar under the Applicant Lists panel (this option provides you with quick access to run the list), and select who can view it (just yourself, specific Work Groups, or all Work Groups).
- Select if you want your query to match all (i.e., and Boolean logic) or any (i.e., or Boolean logic) of the rules you subsequently establish.
- Begin configuring criteria for your Composite List by selecting one of your previously created Field Lists from the drop-down, and selecting "applicant appears in list" or "applicant does not appear in list" as your operator.
- Add one or more additional lists to use in your query. Note that you can select up to five field lists. If you need to incorporate more, review your field lists and consolidate searches there.
- Click Submit.
Applying List Actions to Selected Applicants
Using the checkboxes in the first column of your search results, you can select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Assign Checked Applicants: assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (this function only appears if Assignments are configured).
- Interview Checked Applicants: create an Interview for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Interviews are configured).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: change the Local Status for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Local Statuses are configured).
- Email Checked Applicants: send an email to the selected applicants.
- Clear Last Exported Date Timestamp for Checked Applicants: remove the Last Exported date recorded in WebAdMIT for the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: update the custom fields that have been defined for selected applicants (this function only appears if Custom Fields are configured).
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Requirements are configured).
- Enable Applicant Gateway Activities for Checked Applicants: activate the pre-configured Applicant Gateway activities for selected applicants (only available for select CASs; this function only appears if Applicant Gateway activities are configured).
- Export List Name: export the list to .csv, .xls, or .txt formats.
- Edit List Rules: return to list setup and change, add, or delete list criteria.
Warning: enabling Applicant Gateway Activities and Assigning/Interviewing Checked Applicants are advanced functions that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.
From the List Manager, you have several options to work with the lists that have been created.
To reorder a list, use the grip icon to drag and drop the list into the preferred order.
To modify a list, click the pencil icon. Note that only list owners can perform edits. If you'd like to edit (or see the criteria of) a list that you are not the owner of, you can create a copy of it instead.
Copying Existing Lists
To copy an existing list, click the duplicate icon.
To delete a list, click the remove or trash icon. Note that only list owners can delete lists. If an export, report, or PDF template is using this list, then when the list is deleted, the templates will update to run on all applicants (i.e., Everyone) instead.
To export a list, click the export icon. Selecting this option will take you to the Export Manager with the desired list pre-selected.
Emailing Applicants in a List
To email the applicants in a list, click the envelope icon. This will take you to the email editor with the desired list pre-selected.