Creating Email Templates
WebAdMIT for AMCAS allows you to create and save email templates for quick correspondence with applicants.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Email Templates.
- Click the New Email Template button.
- Enter a name, select the associated programs, and select who can view the email template.
- Enter a subject.
- Select email attachments, if applicable. Click Add Attachment and then click to browse or drag-and-drop your attachments. You can add the following file types (.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, and .pdf), up to 15 MB per file. There is no limit to the number of attachments for emails. To remove an attachment, click the delete icon.
When applicants receive the email, all attachments are located at the bottom of the email and either open in a new browser tab or download, depending on the applicant's browser configuration.
- Next, format the email.
To add an image or logo:
- Obtain a URL link for the image. You can do this by either searching online for your image or working with your IT or Marketing staff.
- Next, click the image icon and paste the URL into the URL field.
- You may also drag and drop the image into the email template (if dragging and dropping from a website, be sure you are using the same browser). Note that an error message displays when an incorrect image link or data URL is used.
Right-click on the image to edit its properties, including size.
To personalize the message using mail merge fields, click the lightbulb icon, then select the information you want to merge into the message.
- Click Save.
Note: When using interview locations in a mail merge, the Interview Type precedes the Interview Location. For example, if your interview type is First Interview and your location is Conference Room 243, the resulting email will display the information as First Interview: Conference Room 243.
Creating Email Addresses
WebAdMIT for AMCAS allows you to manage email addresses for carbon copy (CC) and blind carbon copy (BCC). Additionally, you can configure email addresses for reply-to-email communications.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Email Addresses.
- Click New Email Address.
- Enter a description (for internal purposes), a name (that the recipient sees), and the email address. Additionally, select CC, BCC, and Reply To options, select the associated programs, then click Submit.
- Once the Email Address has been added, it becomes an option to select in the CC, BCC, and Reply-To options when composing an email.