Working with the Student Portal
The Events feature in Admissions by Liaison allows you to create, review, and manage events related to your recruitment, admissions, enrollment, or other processes. Once you've begun publishing events, your registrants can view them using the Student Portal.
Navigating the Student Portal
- Dashboard Image and Welcome Message: Configurable in your Student Portal settings, these are what visitors see on the Dashboard when they navigate to your Student Portal.
- Home page icon: Click here to return to the Student Portal Dashboard.
- Calendar icon: Click here to review, search, and filter the published events.
- Events list: Use this area to review the upcoming events.
- View All button: Use this button to go to the Calendar View, where you can review, search, and filter the published events.
- Navigate Events button: Click here to navigate through the upcoming events.
- Contact Us panel: To update the information listed here, modify the Support Phone Number, Support Email Address, and Organization Website URL on your Student Portal settings page.
- Log In icon: This icon allows visitors to log in to the site, to see customized information, like the events they've signed up for.
- Social Media Contact Information: The links here can be enabled and configured using the Social Link Information section of the Student Portal settings page.
Managing the Student Portal
The content and appearance of your Student Portal can be controlled from the Application Setup section of the Settings menu. To work with these settings, click Student Portal in the Application Setup section of the Settings menu.
To modify the web address of your Student Portal, use the Domain field. You can change this to a subdomain that your institution has directed to us (e.g., studentportal.yourschoolwebsite.edu), or any subdomain of .admissionsbyliaison.com that is not currently in use.
Use the Browser Title field to adjust the text that appears as the page title for visitors to your Student Portal.
Use the Modules area to toggle on or off your Applications or Events modules. If either item is turned off, the corresponding feature will be unavailable for applicants to work with.
The Organization Display Name is the name that appears at the top left of your Student Portal Dashboard.
The Organization Website URL, Support Email Address, and Support Phone Number control what appears on the Contact Us panel of the Student Portal Dashboard.
- Login Welcome Message: This controls the message that visitors to your Student Portal see when they click the Log In icon as seen in the Navigating the Student Portal screenshot.
- Welcome Image: This controls the image that appears on your Log In page.
- Dashboard Welcome Message: This controls the welcome message that appears on the Dashboard as seen in the Navigating the Student Portal screenshot.
- Dashboard Image: This controls the image that appears on the Dashboard when visitors go to your Student Portal as seen in the Navigating the Student Portal screenshot.
Branding Icons and Logos
- Favicon Image: a favicon is a small icon that serves as branding for your website and appears in areas such as a web browser's address bar or next to the site name in a bookmark list.
- Full Logo Image (Dark Logos): this logo appears at the top left of the Student Portal when there is a light-colored background.
- Compact Logo Image (Dark Logos): use this section to add a smaller version of your logo to appear on the Navigation Pane in the Student Portal.
- Full Logo Image (Light Logos): this logo appears at the top left of the Student Portal when there is a dark background.
- Compact Logo Image (Light Logos): use this section to add light-colored, smaller version of your logo to appear on the Navigation Pane in the Student Portal.
Use the Colors area to establish the colors you'd like to brand your Student Portal with. Enter the hex color codes that correspond with the branding colors of your choice. If the values you enter will result in a low color contrast between page elements, you'll see a WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) warning informing you of this.
Click Reset to Default to reset the color to the Liaison default.
Social Link Information
Complete the Social Link Information area to add social media icons that link to the appropriate pages. Icons appear at the bottom right of the Student Portal homepage.