The Contacts area is where you can collect and view the data and activities of any people or organizations with whom your institution engages. From the Settings menu, you can add as many contact types as needed. Contacts may include recruits, applicants, students, and others.
- Add Contact Button: Click Add Contact to create a new contact.
- Upload Link: Click Upload to add contacts in batch using a CSV, JSON or XML file.
- List View / Map View Toggle: Use these buttons to toggle between viewing contacts in a list (default) or a spatial map.
- Find Bar: Use the Find Bar to search for contacts using their name, email address, phone number, city, zip code, or other contact information.
- Filters: Click Add Filter to filter your contact list. For example, you can filter by address to isolate all contacts from a specific city. Continue to add filters as needed.
- Contact Checkboxes: Use the checkboxes to select contacts to perform an action on. Click the checkbox at the top of the grid to select all the checkboxes.
- Contact List Header: Click the desired column header to sort by that column.
- Edit Grid Button: Click this icon to edit the columns included in the contact list grid.
Click any contact to review their Contact Information page. When you select contacts using their checkboxes on the grid, a menu appears with available actions.
When you select the Merge action when working with contacts, the data from two or more separate contacts is combined to form one contact.
If there are multiple contacts with data populating the same fields, the most recent data source takes precedence.
The data sources are also ranked to determine priority. This ranking can be found by going to Settings and navigating to Data Sources in the Integrations menu.