Configuring Email Settings
To correspond with applicants, emails can be sent directly from Admissions. To send emails, you’ll first need to configure them in the Email Settings area.
To configure email settings in Admissions:
- Go to the System section of the Settings menu and click Email Settings.
- From here you can review your existing email settings, and click Customize to adjust them.
- On the Outgoing Email page, configure your SMTP settings. To do so, start by entering a hostname and port number. If desired, you can enable SSL.
- Enter your username and password. This information allows Admissions to send emails on your behalf.
- In the Default Email Headers section, enter your desired From Address and From Name. This determines what email address and name display to applicants who receive your emails.
- Enter your desired Reply-to Address and Reply-to Name. This determines what address is used when applicants reply to your emails.
Configuring Email Templates
The quickest way to send common correspondence to applicants in Admissions is by creating Email Templates. To configure email templates:
- Go to the System section of the Settings menu and click Email Templates.
- From here you can review your existing Email Templates, and click Create Email Template to create a new template.
- If you click Customize Email Headers, you can make adjustments to your default email settings when this template is sent. To later return to the default headers established in the Email Settings area, click Revert to Default Headers.
- Enter a Template Key. Like other keys in the software, the template key allows you to create a unique identifier to pair with the template.
- Enter a name to be used internally for this template in the Name field.
- Enter a subject line in the Subject field.
- Use the HTML Content field to enter HTML code for a formatted email.
- Use the Text Content field to build the To create an email using standard text, enter the message in the Text Content field.
- When you’re finished configuring the email template, click Save Changes.