Managing Evaluation Forms
The App Review section of the Settings menu allows you to create and modify Evaluation Forms. These are forms you can assign to Reviewers or Collaborators to collect the results of their evaluation of the applicant.
To create a new Evaluation Form:
- Go to the App Review section of the Settings Menu and click Forms.
- From here, you can review your existing Forms. Click Create Form to build a new Form.
- Name the form and enter a key to associate with the form.
- Evaluation Forms are divided into different sections. Enter a name in the Section Title.
- Enter an introduction with instructions or information for references.
- To begin adding questions, click Add Question.
- On the Edit Question page, enter your question.
- Enter additional guidance in the Help Text field.
- Choose your desired Question Type.
Question Types are as follows:
- Text: Allows evaluators to type in a text response. Selecting this option also requires setting the Max Length for a response. Use this option for questions requiring a short response.
- Paragraph Text: Allows evaluators to type a paragraph-length reply.
- Multiple Choice: Presents evaluators with multiple options to select from. When selecting this Question Type, enter each option individually in the Answer Option area, or add several answer options at once by clicking Paste Options and pasting the desired options in the text box. Each option must be separated by line breaks. Check the Allow Write In option to allow recommender to write in their own response.
- Drop Down: Works the same as the Multiple Choice option, except answer options are presented to evaluators in a dropdown menu.
- Checkboxes: Works the same as the Multiple Choice and Drop Down options, except multiple answer options can be selected.
- File Attachment: Requests that evaluators upload a file in response to the question.
- Date: Allows evaluators to enter a date in responses to the question.
- CEEB Code Lookup: Allows evaluators to respond with a school name.
- Email Address: Allows evaluators to respond with an email address.
- Phone Number: Allows evaluators to respond with a phone number.
- Web URL: Allows evaluators to respond with a URL.
- Number: Allows evaluators to enter a numeric response.
- Scale: Allows evaluators to rate the applicants on a scale of your choice. Scales can be up to 10. After selecting this option, choose your Scale range and how label will display.
- Table: Allows evaluators to respond by completing a table. For example, entering their contact information.
- Address: Allows evaluators to respond with an address.
- Name: Allows evaluators to respond with a name.
- Concealed: Allows for the evaluator’s response to be encrypted. Only users with the appropriate permissions can decrypt and view the responses.
- Check the Required checkbox to make this a required question.
- After completing your question, click Add.
- Continue adding questions as desired.
- Click Add Section to add a new section of questions.
- Click Add Calculated Field to add a field to be used in calculating applicant data. Calculated Fields are used to combine and transform data fields from anywhere on the applicant record. They appear when reviewing applications, but are not displayed to applicants.
- To test the Form and view it as a reviewer would, click Try it.
- When you’re done configuring the Evaluation Form, click Save Changes.
Managing Review Teams
Admissions allows you to establish teams of users who will evaluate applicant in the software. By creating teams, you can assign applicants to an entire team at once.
To create a new Review Team:
- Go to the App Review section of the Settings Menu and click Teams.
- From here, you can review the existing teams and click Create to work on a new team.
- Name your new team and, if desired, determine who the team’s Manager and Members are.
- If desired, choose a category. Team categories allow you to organize different teams as you choose.
- You can also add an image to associate with the team.
- When ready, click Create Team.
You can edit existing teams from the Review Teams page by clicking the name of the team. You can delete or categorize teams by clicking the checkbox to the left of them, and selecting the desired option at the top of the grid.