The Configuration Portal allows you to customize your programs for the CSU Transfer Planner Student Portal. Students will enter into Transfer Success Pathway (TSP) agreements with your program based on your program's configurations, so it's important to be clear and accurate with your program's requirements and expectations of transfer students.
The programs you see are imported from ASSIST. Note the following:
- Your program name will match what is listed in ASSIST.
- Your program description and image will match what is listed in Cal State Apply. You can update your program description as needed in CSU Transfer Planner.
The Configuration Portal is open between June 5–26.
Accessing the Configuration Portal
- Using the Navigation Menu, click Settings.
- Under the Organization section, click Transfer Planner Programs. A new window will open.
- Select your program.
Selecting a Branding Image
Your branding image appears on the top of your home page. We recommend using an image that is consistent with your program or university’s branding. This is the only section where students will see your specific program's branding, so make it count!
Branding Image Guidelines
- Images must be in .jpeg, .tiff, or .png format and no larger than 250kb.
- File names cannot contain spaces or special characters.
- Your overall image size should be 900 px by 270 px.
- When selecting colors and logos, ensure you adhere to website accessibility standards. Visit WebAIM for more information on 508 compliance.
Uploading Your Branding Image
You must first go to the Cal State Apply Configuration Portal to update your branding image for your program. Then you can return to CSU Transfer Planner University Portal and enter your CSU Unique ID under Program Details. The updated branding image will automatically carry over.
The text you include in the Program Details will be a student's first look at your program- and university-specific information. You should include an introduction, instructions on how to be a successful transfer student, and important details about your program and university. You can also include information on your specific requirements. Some examples include:
- Previously-earned degrees
- Needed experience
- State restrictions
- Deadline requirements
- Supplemental applications or fees, if applicable
You can include a link to your program's page within your university's website, but make sure that all pertinent information included on your website is also included in the Program Details. This makes it easier for students to find the information they need in one place.
Content Formatting Tips:
- There is no limit to the length of text, but 1,500 characters or less is recommended for the best visual display.
- Use the bold, italic, and underline options to format your text, as needed.
- Use the bulleted list, numbered list, and indent options to structure your text.
- Use the link icon to add links to websites or email addresses. Links open in a new browser window.
- If copying and pasting content from a website, first copy the content to Microsoft Word (or another text editing program, like Notepad) and format it to your liking. Then, copy it from the notepad and paste it into the editor.
Adding Your Program Details
Under Additional Details, you can provide more specific information about your program's transfer GPA and coursework requirements. While the CSU minimum GPA is 2.0 for transfer students, you can list your program's preferred transfer GPA here.
You must complete the Additional Details section before the configuration due date and your program goes live. You cannot make any changes after these deadlines.
- Click the pencil icon in the top right.
- Enter your program's minimum transfer GPA and grade requirements.
- If you have different GPA and coursework requirements for local versus non-local schools, then enter the less restrictive requirements in these fields (these typically coincide with the local school requirements).
- If you have additional transfer coursework requirements (e.g., if you have different GPA and coursework requirements for local versus non-local schools), you can enter them under the Other Requirements field. Review the Formatting Options section for more guidance.
- Click Save to save your changes or Cancel to discard the changes.
|Add general formatting options||
|Create a hyperlink with the link icon||
To add a hyperlink, highlight the text you want to become the link, then click the hyperlink icon. Enter the link details, select the checkbox so that the clicked link opens the page in a new window, then click Add.
To remove a hyperlink, highlight the link text and click the unlink icon.
|Insert an embedded form||
Updating Your Programs
Once your program is available in CSU Transfer Planner Student Portal, you can only make the following edits:
- Editing your program's TSP eligibility.
- Editing your program's description.
You cannot edit any other sections of the program, such as your program's minimum GPA, coursework requirements (under Additional Details), or CSU Unique ID.
Adding and Removing Programs
The programs you see are imported from ASSIST. If you want to add a new program, you must contact your Articulation Officer to make changes in ASSIST. Be aware that program data is imported from ASSIST in the summer. If your program is not in ASSIST before the import, then you must wait for your program to be added next year.
If you want to delete a program, use the CSU Transfer Planner Program Removal Request form. Be aware that once a program is removed, it cannot be added back to CSU Transfer Planner until the next year.