United States Citizenship Details
Select your US citizenship status and country of citizenship, if applicable. If you have dual citizenship, indicate your second country of citizenship.
When selecting your status, consider the following definitions which are adapted from the US State Department:
- US Citizen: an individual who was born in the US or attained citizenship through naturalization.
- Permanent US Resident: an individual who holds a Green Card and is permitted to permanently live and work in the US.
- Temporary US Resident: an individual who is an alien – a nonimmigrant foreign national – who is approved to temporarily live in the US for a specific purpose (e.g., as a student), has a permanent residence abroad, and does not hold a Green Card.
- Non-resident: an individual who is a nonimmigrant foreign national and who is permitted to travel in the US for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less.
- None: an individual who has no US citizenship or visa (immigrant or nonimmigrant) status.
Note: to ensure applicants are entering consistent data for some questions, this application uses pre-populated answer options that are maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). For example, country answer options are derived from ISO 3166, which is the international standard for country codes and codes for their subdivisions.
Provide your residency information, including your legal state of residence.
Indicate if you expect to qualify for Indiana Residency for tuition purposes. Note that if this question is answered incorrectly there may be a delay in the admissions process.
Applying to IU East or IU Southeast
IU East in Richmond, IN and IU Southeast in New Albany, IN participate in resident tuition reciprocity in certain adjacent counties.
IU East Applicants
IU East applicants who live within one of the following Ohio counties may qualify for resident tuition as a non-resident student:
- Van Wert
IU Southeast Applicants
IU Southeast applicants who live within one of the following Kentucky counties may qualify for resident tuition as a non-resident student: