This page is only applicable to applicants with International and Other citizenship statuses.
Indicate if you are currently living in the US. Then, select your current visa type/immigration status or intended visa type/immigration status for your studies at Indiana University.
When selecting your visa type/immigration status, consider the following definitions which are adapted from the US State Department. Note that this list is not all-inclusive. Refer to the US State Department for more information.
- B-1 Visitor: an individual who wants to enter the US temporarily for business.
- F-1 Student: an individual who wants to study at a US academic institution. This is the most common student visa type.
- H1-B Employee: an individual who wants to work in the US in a specialty occupation.
- J-1 Student: an individual who wants to study at a US academic institution. This is generally used for students in educational exchange programs (e.g., Fulbright Program).
- J-1 Teacher, Researcher, or Trainee: an individual who wants to teach at a US primary or secondary school, research at a US institution, or train in an occupational field at a US business.
- Refugee: an individual who is located outside of the US, is of special humanitarian concern to the US, demonstrates that they were persecuted or fear persecution due to race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group, is not firmly resettled in another country, and is admissible to the US.
- Visa Waiver WB: an individual from a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) participating country that allows travel to the US for business stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa.
- Visa Waiver WT: an individual from a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) participating country that allows travel to the US for tourism stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa.
- Other: an individual who has received a visa type not listed. Note that this list is not all-inclusive and more visa types may be available in the application.
Please note that we cannot advise you on your visa status or any related details.