Skip to main content

Colleges Attended


  • Report all other post-secondary institutions attended regardless of their relevance to the programs you are applying to. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • courses taken in high school for college credit
    • summer courses
    • community college courses
    • US military academies (note that this does not include courses on SMART or JST transcripts)
    • other post-baccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral work
    • study abroad, Canadian, and foreign work, etc.
  • List all institutions on your application even if the coursework completed there was transferred to another institution.
  • Report each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
  • Send official transcripts for each pharmacy school attended. Other non-pharmacy undergraduate or graduate transcripts are not required. Note that some programs may require additional transcripts for supplemental information, particularly if they were part of a masters program. Refer to the Special Requirements for Acceptance section of each residency's listing in the ASHP Online Directory for more information.

Adding a College

  1. Click Add College or University.
  2. Type and select your college or university. It may take several tries to find your school, especially if it shares its name with others or could be spelled differently. For example, if you attended "Saint John's University," you may need to try "Saint John," "St. John," or "St John" (no period) to bring the school up on the list. If you exhausted all options and it does not appear, click Add New Item.
    • If you select Unlisted French Speaking Canadian Institution or Other Foreign Institution, select the school's country from the drop-down.
  3. Indicate if this institution was your primary college or university (i.e., where you earned your first bachelor's degree).
  4. Select your college's or university's term system. You can usually find this on the back of your official transcripts, or you can contact your college's registrar.
    • Term system refers to the type of hours your credits are worth, not the length of the term or how many terms a year your college or university offered.
    • If your transcript lists some courses as quarter and others as semester, enter the term type that is most common (i.e., if you have six quarter terms and two semester terms, enter quarter).
  5. Indicate if you are still attending this institution. Enter dates of the first and last (if applicable) terms you attended. Be sure to only enter each college or university you attended once, regardless of gaps in your attendance there.
  6. Add any degrees earned, planned, or in-progress at this institution and the corresponding dates.
    • If you earned or plan to earn a degree, provide details about the earned or expected degree.
    • If you have a double major, enter it in the Secondary Major field. Note that you can only enter one minor.
    • Click the plus icon to add additional degrees for this same college or university.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Click Save to complete the entry.

Sending Transcripts

PhORCAS does not require official transcripts from non-pharmacy colleges. PhORCAS only requires transcripts from your college of pharmacy. Check with each program directly about their specific transcript requirements. Order pharmacy school transcripts on the Academic Records page. Refer to Sending Official Pharmacy School Transcripts for more information.

  • Was this article helpful?