Skip to main content

Sending Official Pharmacy College Transcripts


  • Transcripts must be sent to PhORCAS from all US and English-speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section of your application. We cannot process your application without receiving all of your transcripts.
  • Do not send transcripts for non-pharmacy colleges listed in the Non Pharmacy Colleges Attended section of your application. Check with your designated programs to determine if they require these transcripts. 
  • If you attended a foreign pharmacy college and have transcripts translated in English, you must send these to PhORCAS. If your transcripts are not in English, you must obtain a foreign transcript evaluation. Foreign evaluations are only accepted in paper format; electronic copies are not permitted.
  • Transcripts must be original. Transcripts that are photocopied, faxed, on file at a career center or Interfolio, etc. are not accepted.
  • Transcripts must be addressed to PhORCAS. Transcripts addressed to you, a program, school, or any address other than PhORCAS are not accepted.
  • Transcripts must be mailed by your registrar. For security purposes, we cannot accept transcripts mailed by you or anyone other than the registrar. If anything on your transcript indicates that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than PhORCAS, your transcript will be rejected and you will need to send a new one. 
  • In rare occurrences where a school's computer system can only include the applicant's name in the transcript's Issue to field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to PhORCAS and include a letter stating the registrar's policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an "Issued to Student" or "Student Copy" stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant. 

How to Send Transcripts

  1. Enter your pharmacy colleges in the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section before requesting any transcripts. 
  2. Click the download icon in the Transcript Form column next to each school you listed and print each form. 
  3. Contact the registrar at each institution you attended and request one transcript be sent to PhORCAS. You only need to submit one transcript from each school regardless of the number of programs you're applying to.
  4. Provide the registrar with the following items:
    • PhORCAS Transcript Request Form. Ask the registrar to attach it to your official transcripts. This form ensures your official transcripts are properly matched to your application and processing may be delayed if you do not use it.
    • Any school-specific forms required by the registrar.
    • Any transcript fees required by the registrar.
    • All information needed by the registrar to properly identify you in the school's database.
    • Any name changes.
    • Your PhORCAS ID#.
  5. Follow up with your school(s) to ensure that your transcripts were mailed, and obtain the date they sent them. Be aware that processing times vary by school and may take longer towards the end of a semester. Some schools may not send your transcript until the semester is over. 
  6. Monitor the Status section to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes up to 7 business days for your transcript to post to your application from the date we receive it. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Customer Service. 

Sending Transcripts by Mail 

Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:

PhORCAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9124
Watertown, MA 02471

We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or delays caused by the Registrar's Office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt. 

Sending Transcripts Electronically

Please note that electronic transcripts are not the same as emailed transcripts. We cannot accept transcripts sent via email.

PhORCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions. If your school does not offer this service, your transcript must be sent by mail.

If your school requires that you use a service other than Credentials Solutions, you should ask that service to mail the transcripts instead of sending them electronically. Since you cannot include the Transcript Request Form, you should include your full PhORCAS ID # when entering the PhORCAS mailing address.

Click here to see if your school offers the Credentials Solutions service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, click here and follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to 7 business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Credentials Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service. 

When using this service, select PhORCAS as the recipient. If you can't select PhORCAS and instead are asked for an email address, your transcript must be sent by mail.

Posting Delays

The following scenarios can cause delayed application posting/processing and should be avoided whenever possible:

  • A transcript is not accompanied by a Transcript Request Form or is accompanied by the incorrect form.
  • A transcript is not addressed specifically to "PhORCAS." 
  • A school you attended is missing from the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application unless the school is listed.
  • An incorrect school name is listed in the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application until it is corrected. 
  • The name on a transcript cannot be found in the PhORCAS database, either because your name changed, was misspelled on the transcript, was misspelled on the application, or you have not yet created a PhORCAS account.

Rejected Transcripts

The following scenarios can cause transcripts to be rejected and should be avoided whenever possible:

  • A transcript is unofficial, marked as student-issued, or is addressed to someone other than PhORCAS.
  • A transcript is missing pages or was severely damaged in the mail.
  • A document received by PhORCAS is not a transcript.
  • An incorrect transcript was received; this can occur when another student at your school has the same or similar name and you did not provide enough information to the registrar when you requested your transcript. Be sure to provide your schools with as much information as possible so they can properly identify your records.