Sending Official Pharmacy College Transcripts
- Transcripts must be sent to PhORCAS from all US and English-speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section of your application. We cannot process your application without receiving all of your transcripts.
- Do not send transcripts for non-pharmacy colleges listed in the Non Pharmacy Colleges Attended section of your application. Check with your designated programs to determine if they require these transcripts.
- If you attended a foreign pharmacy college and have transcripts translated in English, you must send these to PhORCAS. If your transcripts are not in English, you must obtain a foreign transcript evaluation. Foreign evaluations are only accepted in paper format; electronic copies are not permitted.
- Transcripts must be original. Transcripts that are photocopied, faxed, on file at a career center or Interfolio, etc. are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be addressed to PhORCAS. Transcripts addressed to you, a program, school, or any address other than PhORCAS are not accepted.
- You can request transcripts electronically or by mail. If sending transcripts electronically, you must use one of the electronic transcript vendors below. If sending transcripts by mail, they must be mailed directly from your registrar. For security purposes, we cannot accept transcripts mailed by you or anyone other than the registrar. If anything on your transcript indicates that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than PhORCAS, your transcript will be rejected and you will need to send a new one.
- In rare occurrences where a school's computer system can only include the applicant's name in the transcript's Issue to field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to PhORCAS and include a letter stating the registrar's policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an "Issued to Student" or "Student Copy" stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant.
How to Send Transcripts
- Enter your pharmacy colleges in the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section before requesting any transcripts.
- Click the download icon in the Transcript Form column next to each school you listed and print each form.
- Contact the registrar at each institution you attended and request one transcript be sent to PhORCAS. You only need to submit one transcript from each school regardless of the number of programs you're applying to.
- Some schools are part of a college district (e.g., Maricopa County Community College District, San Diego Community College, San Mateo Community College District, etc.). If you attended more than one college in a college district, you only need to order one transcript for all colleges (e.g., the San Mateo Community College District transcript includes all coursework from Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College).
- Provide the registrar with the following items:
- PhORCAS Transcript Request Form. Ask the registrar to attach it to your official transcripts. This form ensures your official transcripts are properly matched to your application and processing may be delayed if you do not use it.
- Any school-specific forms required by the registrar.
- Any transcript fees required by the registrar.
- All information needed by the registrar to properly identify you in the school's database.
- Any name changes.
- Your PhORCAS ID#.
- Follow up with your school(s) to ensure that your transcripts were mailed, and obtain the date they sent them. Be aware that processing times vary by school and may take longer towards the end of a semester. Some schools may not send your transcript until the semester is over.
- Monitor the Status section to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes up to five business days for your transcript to post to your application from the date we receive it. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, review the Posting Delays section below.
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:
PhORCAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9124
Watertown, MA 02471
We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or delays caused by the Registrar's Office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
Please note that electronic transcripts are not the same as emailed transcripts. We cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
PhORCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Parchment. If your school does not offer this service, your transcript must be sent by mail.
If your school requires that you use a service other than Parchment, you should ask that service to mail the transcripts instead of sending them electronically. Since you cannot include the Transcript Request Form, you should include your full PhORCAS ID number when entering the PhORCAS mailing address.
When using this service, select PhORCAS as the recipient. If you can't select PhORCAS and instead are asked for an email address, your transcript must be sent by mail. Do not send your transcript to the PhORCAS customer service email.
Confirm that your school offers the Parchment service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to five business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Parchment directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.
Please note that use of this service does not expedite the processing of transcripts.
If your transcript has not posted within five business days, first contact your school to confirm that they sent your transcript. Additionally, the following scenarios can cause delayed application posting/processing and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is not accompanied by a Transcript Request Form or is accompanied by the incorrect form.
- A transcript is not addressed specifically to "PhORCAS."
- A school you attended is missing from the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application unless the school is listed.
- An incorrect school name is listed in the Pharmacy Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application until it is corrected.
- The name on a transcript cannot be found in the PhORCAS database, either because your name changed, was misspelled on the transcript, was misspelled on the application, or you have not yet created your PhORCAS account.
The following scenarios can cause transcripts to be rejected and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is unofficial, marked as student-issued, or is addressed to someone other than PhORCAS.
- A transcript is missing pages or was severely damaged in the mail.
- A document received by PhORCAS is not a transcript.
- An incorrect transcript was received; this can occur when another student at your school has the same or similar name and you did not provide enough information to the registrar when you requested your transcript. Be sure to provide your schools with as much information as possible so they can properly identify your records.
If your school closed, you must confirm that your academic records can still be obtained. Review your school's website to learn if another school holds their academic records or contact the state licensing agency where your school was located to learn whether the state made arrangements to store the school's academic records. If your transcript is available, you must have it sent to PhORCAS. If your transcript is no longer available, contact customer service.