Integrating with Zapier
Zapier is a tool that allows you to connect the applications you use to connect with each other. Once you set up a Zapier account, you can integrate with SlideRoom. There are three main steps to this process:
- Generating a webhook URL from Zapier.
- Add the webhook to SlideRoom.
- Build and schedule your export.
Generating a Zapier Webhook
In Zapier, connections between two pieces of software are called Zaps. Review Zapier's guide to learn how to make zaps.
When you make a Zap, you can select SlideRoom as your trigger app, thereby producing a webhook to use with SlideRoom. To do this:
- In SlideRoom, use the Make a Zap option and search for webhooks.
- Select Webhooks by Zapier.
- On the next page, choose Catch Hook.
- Copy the webhook URL that Zapier generates.
Once you have this URL, you can use it to create an outbound webhook from SlideRoom.
Connecting your Zapier Webhook to SlideRoom
One of the integration options in SlideRoom is to export webhooks.
To configure this to work with Zapier:
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the Admin Dashboard, then click Account Settings.
- From the menu on the left, click Integrations.
- Under Export Webhooks, click Add Webhook.
- Enter the URL you received from Zapier.
Once you save this webhook, you can use it when generating export files.
Generating Files to Send to Zapier
To bring your data into Zapier, you'll need to create your desired export template. Next, you can generate the export file using the JSON format. Select your Zapier webhook integration as the destination for the data delivery.
To confirm a successful connection has been established:
- Return to the Zap you started building in Zapier and clicking the OK, I did this. A confirmation message appears.
- Click Continue to choose what other software application you'd like to connect your SlideRoom data to.
Zapier offers hundred of apps for you to use in connection with your SlideRoom data. Now that you have your export webhook created in SlideRoom, and you have Zapier accepting the data, you can decide where you want Zapier to share the data.
If you're in need of additional assistance with these processes, feel free to reach out to SlideRoom Client Support.