Skip to main content


Use the Documents section to upload required and optional documents. Available document types include:

  • CV/Resume: document that describes your professional and academic history.
  • DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty: document issued upon a military service member's retirement, separation, or discharge from active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States.
  • Green Card: document issued to foreign nationals living and working permanently in the US.
  • Joint Services Transcript: document that describes military schooling and Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, Navy, and Space Force work experience.

The DD214 and Joint Services Transcript are only available for students who select Yes to the Military History Status question in the Extended Profile.

Be sure to proofread and review your documents before you submit the application. Once you submit your application, you cannot edit previously uploaded documents; however, you can add new documents. Common App for transfer cannot make changes for you.

If you find an error after submission, we recommend sending a corrected version directly to your programs.

Add a Document

  1. Click Add Document.
  2. Click Choose File.
  3. Locate and select your file.
  4. Click Upload This Document.

Note: you are responsible for protecting any sensitive information in the documents you are uploading (for example, your Social Security Number). Use correction fluid or a security redacting marker to cover any sensitive information.

Additional Offline Forms

Some colleges may need you to send additional forms outside of the Common App for transfer application. To determine if your college requires "offline forms," select a program in the Program Materials section and review their Program Details section. 

Colleges commonly ask for the following forms offline:

  • College Report: This report shares more information on your standing at your current college. A college official must complete this form. 
  • Mid-Term Report: This report includes information on your current courses. You can complete this reporting using details from your transcript or student information portal. 

Carefully review each program's instructions for how to complete and send these offline documents. Some programs may want you to send the completed forms by mail or by specific dates.

  • Was this article helpful?