Common App for transfer is designed for students just like you. Our goal is to make the college application process simple and straightforward. With one application, you can apply to multiple college programs. Whether you are graduating from a community college, transferring to another four-year college, or returning to college to complete a degree, transferring can be an important step on your path to success.
Common App for transfer simplifies the process. You start by selecting the programs you wish to apply to, then you submit one application that includes all necessary materials. Once received by Common App for transfer, your application and materials are submitted to all of your selected programs.
Use these tips and best practices as you start your application.
- Start your 2021-2022 application (or review your 2020-2021 application).
- Get acquainted with the system. After creating your Common App for transfer account, the first thing you should do is review the application and all the information you can find there.
- Add programs to your list. A good place to start your application is adding the programs you want to apply to. Use the Add Program page to search for different programs using criteria that is important to you. Adding programs is as easy as clicking the plus icon.
- Review requirements. As you begin to add programs to your application and start to get organized, it's important to review each program's specific requirements. Are there prerequisites? Do you need to include a full transcript? Our Common App for transfer Requirement Grid (coming soon!) helps pinpoint common program requirements.
- Gather materials. It's important to gather any materials you might need as you complete your application, such as standardized test scores, a list of your achievements, and your transcripts. Having these materials on hand will make completing the application quicker and easier.
- Learn about recommenders. Each college or university determines whether they require a recommender to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Check with your program to determine their recommendation requirements.
- Stay on top of deadlines. On the Submit Application page, you can sort your programs by deadline so you can prioritize and organize your work.