Skip to main content

Citizenship Information

Additional Citizenship Details

Additional information may be required depending on your citizenship status. 

  • Citizen (US): Any individual born in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, or US Virgin Islands; or individuals granted citizenship status by US CIS, or born abroad to a US parent. 
  • Non-US Citizen: Any individual who is a citizen of non-US country or non-US territory, or who has obtained asylum, refugee, or parolee status for the US CIS, or whose status in the US has not been documented. 
  • US National of CoFA Citizen: Any individual born in American Samoa or Swains Island or citizens of the Compact Free Association countries (Republic of the Marshall Islands, Republic of Palau and Federated States of Micronesia which is composed of four states: Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei, and Yap). 
  • US Permanent Resident: Any individual who resides in the US as a lawful permanent resident with a valid US green card obtained from US CIS. 

Non-US Citizen

Review additional requirements for international applicants on the University of Hawaii website

VISA Information

Provide details regarding your VISA. Based on your responses to the Citizenship Status question in the Extended Profile, you may need to enter additional information here. To edit your citizenship status, go to My Extended Profile

  1. Enter your nation of citizenship.
  2. Indicate if you are currently living in the US. If you select No, enter your intended status for when you enroll at the University of Hawai'i. If you select Yes, enter your VISA information:
    • Visa Type
    • Visa Number
    • Dates Valid
  3. Click Save and Continue

US National or CoFA Citizen

Select the appropriate location and click Save and Continue

US Permanent Resident

Provide details regarding your citizenship status. 

  1. Enter your Alien Registration Card Number. 
  2. Enter the date of issue. 
  3. Enter the expiration date. 
  4. Click Save and Continue
  • Was this article helpful?