Creating Local GPAs
Local GPAs allow you to create a customized GPA from all classes in desired subject areas, classifications, and academic years. Once a Local GPA is configured, each applicant has a GPA calculated based on their applicable classes.
If you want to build a Local GPA to replicate a CAS-calculated GPA, you can view how these GPAs are built in your CAS's Applicant Help Center. These help centers are accessible in your CAS Program User Guide.
- To create a Local GPA, open the Management panel on the Menu Bar, then click Local GPAs.
- Click New Local GPA.
- Enter a name and select whether the status is active.
- Select the subjects included in the calculation. By default, every applicant’s Local GPA will be calculated using these subjects from both verified and unverified coursework.
- Select the classifications included in the calculation. Most courses fall into the Not Applicable category, as this is the default category used when a course does not fall into one of the other categories (i.e., Advanced Placement, Honors, etc.). If building a Local GPA, consider selecting Not Applicable in this section.
- Select the academic year(s) included in the calculation.
- Select the calendar year(s) included in the calculation.
- Select whether you are including or ignoring +/- grades.
- Select the course inclusion type included in the calculation. For example, you can create a Last 45 Credits GPA calculation, where WebAdMIT starts with the last course an applicant has received a grade and credit for and works backward until it meets the entered numeric value (in this example, 45 credits). When doing this, you must select if you'd like to include courses to the closest credit or include the entire term that contains those credit hours. Selecting closest credit includes all credits up to the last course that meets the number of credit hours that you’ve entered. Selecting closest credit's term here causes that entire term to be counted toward the GPA.
- Select the programs associated with this Local GPA, then click Submit.
Viewing Local GPAs
Once Local GPAs are configured, each applicable applicant has a GPA calculated. Local GPAs are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in their Work Group can enter or edit the data in them. Local GPAs are also available when working with Lists, Exports, and Scoring.
- To view Local GPAs, navigate to the GPA Overview panel on the desired Applicant Details page and click the By Local GPA subpanel.
- To review the courses that make up the Local GPA, navigate to the Electronic Transcript and select a Local GPA from the View drop-down.
- The resulting view displays a column of checkboxes; checked courses are included in the Local GPA you are viewing. To remove a course from the Local GPA, uncheck the box. Unchecking courses to remove them from a Local GPA is a temporary action. Adjustments to the Local GPA setup or updates to an applicant’s application will cause Local GPAs to recalculate and manual course selections to be overwritten.
- To restrict the view to only the courses included in the selected Local GPA, click the Hide Unrelated Courses checkbox.