Sending Emails from the Applicant Details Page
To send emails in WebAdMIT, you must have the Email Applicants permission enabled in your Work Group.
- From the Contact Information panel of the Applicant Details page, click the email button.
Alternatively, click New Email in the Emails panel.
- Select the CC, BCC, and reply-to options. When an applicant responds to an email you sent in WebAdMIT, their reply is not sent back to WebAdMIT; instead, it is sent to the email address you designate under Reply-To. By default, the email address you use to log in to WebAdMIT with is provided. You can create alternate CC, BCC, and reply-to options in Email Addresses.
- Select a template, if applicable. Note that if you use a template and make changes to it, the changes only apply to that instance. To make permanent changes to a template, edit it in Email Templates.
- Select email attachments, if applicable. Click Add Attachment and then click to browse or drag and drop your attachments. You can add the following file types (.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, and .pdf), up to 15 MB per file. There is no limit to the number of attachments for emails. To remove an attachment, click the delete icon.
When applicants receive the email, all attachments are located at the bottom of the email and either open in a new browser tab or download, depending on the applicant's browser configuration.
- Format your email, if applicable. The email editor allows you to:
- Bold, Italicize, and Underline text
- Change font type
- Change font size
- Use merge fields
- Change font color and background color
- Create a link or insert an image
- Create a numbered list, bullet points, and increase or decrease the indentation
- Left, Center, or Right justify text
- Single space by using Shift+Enter
To add an image or logo:
- Obtain a URL link for the image. You can do this by either searching online for your image or working with your IT or Marketing staff.
- Next, drag and drop it into the email template (if dragging and dropping from a website, be sure you are using the same browser), or click the image icon, then enter the image's link. Note that an error message displays when an incorrect image link or data URL is used.
- Right-click on the image to edit its properties, including size.
- To personalize the message using mail merge fields, click the lightbulb icon, then select the information you want to merge into the message.
- When you are finished composing your email, you can:
- Click Send to send the email.
- Click Save Draft to save the email as a draft, but not send it. Drafts are stored in the applicant's Emails panel.
- Click Send preview… to send a preview of the email. The available email addresses here include your own and any other email address that has been added in the Email Addresses section. When you send a preview of an email, a draft is saved in the applicant's Emails panel with a delivery status of Unknown. The Send Preview option only sends an email to the email address you indicate, not to applicants.
- Click Return to Applicant to cancel the email.
Emails sent from WebAdMIT come from email@example.com. If the applicant replies to the email, their response is routed to your selected reply-to address.
When applicants receive emails from WebAdMIT, their email address is listed in the To field and anyone you chose to copy into the email is listed in the Cc field. However, if you send an email preview to yourself or you are cc'ed in an email, your email address is listed in the To field. The email body still contains all applicant-specific content, including from merge fields.
Sending Emails in Batch
You can then proceed with the same process as described above. The message will be sent to all applicants that were checked in your search, list, or Clipboard. Note that applicants cannot view who else you send an email to in batch.
Once you send emails in WebAdMIT, you can track the email status. These statuses include:
- Bounced: the message was rejected by the recipient’s email server; you should verify the recipient’s email address. If incorrect, the applicant should update this information by returning to their CAS application. If correct, contact the Client Support Specialist team.
- Clicked: the recipient received the message, opened it, and clicked a link or image.
- Deferred: the message was not sent and is in queue for redelivery.
- Delivered: the recipient’s email server received the message; however, this does not indicate that the applicant opened or viewed the message. The recipient may have recently changed their email address, or they may have rules or junk mail settings enabled that prevent the email from reaching the inbox. In the Help Center, applicants are encouraged to maintain updated contact information and disable junk mail filters.
- Dropped: the email provider is preventing delivery of the message. Messages are typically dropped when they contain an invalid or non-existent email address, or when the recipient marks a previous WebAdMIT message as spam. Contact the Client Support Specialist team. Additionally, you may want to confirm with the recipient that you have the correct address and that they added firstname.lastname@example.org to their "safe senders" list.
- Failed: the message was not sent. Try manually sending the email.
- Opened: the recipient received the message and opened it.
- Sent: the message is being processed for delivery to the recipient.
- Spam Report: the recipient reported the email as spam.
- Unknown: the status of the email can’t be determined. This status typically appears for recently sent emails and is replaced by another status within 24 hours.
Some emails will remain indefinitely in a status of Sent or Delivered if the recipient’s email server fails to process read receipts.