Best Practices in Setting Up a Review Process
If you're just getting started with building a review process in WebAdMIT, we recommend that, where applicable, you complete the following steps in the order listed:
- Build a checklist of supplemental requirements for each applicant.
- Track applicants during each stage of your admissions process.
- Store information in Custom Fields that your program needs but is not collected from the applicant in the CAS application.
- Upload documents directly to an application in WebAdMIT, whether it's a document the applicant sends you or one that you want to attach to their file.
- Create tasks for reviewers through Assignments, where the reviewer can add their comments and scores.
- Create and assign Interviews for reviewers, including tracking the date and location of the interview.
- Score applicants based on institutional rating policies.
- Depending on your CAS, you may also have access to retrieving background checks.
Additionally, explore these resources for best practices when building a review process:
WebAdMIT allows you to create a checklist of supplemental requirements for each applicant. Requirements can be tracked on a simple fulfilled/not fulfilled basis.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Requirements.
- Click New Requirement.
- Begin by creating a new Requirement category. Enter a name, select the programs associated with this Requirement, then click Submit.
- Click add criterion to add a criterion to the Requirement.
- Enter a description for the new criterion, then click Submit. If applicable, enter a due date and indicate if you want to use comments and/or notes. If you choose to use comments, you can create a list of preset comments to select from and you can select a default value. Selecting a default value causes each applicant to have this value populated automatically. Note that if you later change the default value, it will only affect new applicants.
Once Requirements are configured, they can be worked with for each applicant in the Requirements panel on the Applicant Details page.
Each Applicant Details page has a Requirements panel. This panel is populated with Requirements that have been configured by a WebAdMIT Administrator. Once Requirements have been created, anyone with the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in their Work Group can mark them as fulfilled for individual applicants.
Use the Force Fulfill drop-down to adjust the Requirement to Yes, No, or N/A. Once all associated criteria are marked Yes or N/A, the set of requirements is considered complete and a green checkmark appears to the left of the requirement set name.
Fulfilling Requirements in Batch
Selecting this option brings up a window allowing you to select the desired Requirement criterion and update it as desired. Remember to select the associated programs to confirm your change.