Creating Custom Fields
Custom Fields allow you to store information that your school needs, but is not collected from the applicant in the AMCAS application.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Custom Fields.
- Click New Custom Field.
- Select the Programs associated with the Custom Field, then enter a Label (name).
- Select a Custom Field Type and enter a description that provides an overview of the type of data to be collected in this field, then click Submit. Note that you can’t change the Custom Field type after saving, but you can deactivate it and create a new one, if necessary.
Custom field types include:
- Text Value: Users can enter text, such as notes/comments, phone numbers, or identification numbers.
- Select From List: Users can select an option from a customized drop-down list containing multiple options.
- Date: Users can select a date from a pop-up calendar.
- Yes/No Value: Users can select Yes or No from a drop-down list.
- Numeric: Users can enter numeric values that can be carried out two decimal places.
5. Once a Custom Field is created, it appears in the Custom Fields panel of the Applicant Details Page for any applicable applicant.