WebAdMIT for AMCAS allows you to analyze applicants using two types of GPAs:
- Local GPAs: Create a customized GPA from classes in one or more subject areas. On an individual basis, you can also review an applicant’s Electronic Transcript and remove classes that factor into that GPA.
- Prerequisite GPAs: Create, describe, and track prerequisite coursework required for admission. On an individual basis, you can also review an applicant’s Electronic Transcript and mark courses as fulfilling a prerequisite GPA.
Creating Local GPAs
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Local GPAs.
- Click the New Local GPA button.
- Enter a name and select whether the status is active.
- Select the classifications included in the calculation. By default, every applicant’s Local GPA will be calculated using these classifications.
- Select the course types included in the calculation. By default, every applicant’s Local GPA will be calculated using these course types. Note that most completed courses fall into the “N/A” category. This is the default category used when a course does not fall into one of the other categories (i.e. Advanced Placement, Audit, Military Credit, etc.). If building a Local GPA, consider selecting “N/A” in this section.
- Select the academic status(es) included in the calculation. By default, every applicant’s Local GPA will be calculated using these statuses.
- Select the calendar year(s) included in the calculation.
- Select whether you are including or ignoring +/- grades.
- Select the course inclusion type included in the calculation. For example, you can create a “last 45 credits” GPA calculation, where WebAdMIT for AMCAS starts with the last course an applicant has received a grade and credit for and works backward until it meets the entered numeric value (in this example 45 credits).
- Select the programs associated with this Local GPA, then click Submit.
- Once this has been configured, each applicable applicant will have a Local GPA calculated. The Local GPAs are visible in the GPA Overview panel on the Applicant Details Pages.
Creating Prerequisite GPAs
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Prerequisite GPAs.
- Click New Prerequisite GPA.
- Begin by creating a Prerequisite GPA category. Enter a name, select whether you are including or ignoring +/- grades, select the programs associated with this Prerequisite GPA, and click Submit.
- Click the add criterion link to add criterion to the GPA.
- Enter a description for the new criterion, then click Submit. If applicable, enter values for Minimum GPA and Minimum Credits.
- Once Prerequisite GPAs are created, they can be viewed and worked with from each Applicant Details Page.