The Applications section is the central hub for viewing, editing, and processing applications to any of your programs.
Navigating the Applications Grid
To view the Applications Grid, select Applications from the Navigation Menu.
- Navigation Menu: use this dropdown to switch between the different sections available in Admissions. Click Applications to access the Applications Grid.
- Program Selector: use this dropdown to select which programs' applications you want to view. By default, all programs are displayed.
- List View / Map View: use these buttons to switch between the view options:
- List View: this is the default view of the Applications Grid, allowing you to see a paginated list of your entire applicant pool, along with some information about each one.
- Map View: this option provides a visualization of where your applicants' locations. Use the Map applications by... toggle to switch between options, including birth location and current address.
- Search bar: use this field to find applications. You can perform a standard keyword search or an advanced search with Lucene syntax. Standard searches can be 2-10 characters long, using properties like:
- Applicant names
- Applicant E-mail addresses
- Application IDs
- Program Name
- Current Stage
- Current Phase
- Current Decision
- Filters: use the filters to query your applicant pool and isolate the subset of your choice.
- Phase Pipeline: this area gives you a quick snapshot of your applicant pool, allowing you to see how many applications you have in each phase you've established. Click on any Phase to isolate the applications within it.
- Applicant List: this area lists all applications or those that meet the filters you've established.
- Grid Customizer: this menu allows you to customize the columns that appear in the list view, or to reset back to the default view.
- Segments: use this menu to isolate a specific segment of your applicant pool.
To perform a bulk action from the Applications Grid, click the checkbox next to the applicants’ names.
When you click the Grid Customizer, you're presented with a list of all available fields. To add a field to use as a header, click and drag it from the Available Fields section to the In Use section. You can rename fields in the Shown on Grid section by clicking the existing name and typing the name of your choice. Where allowed, you can click the checkbox at the bottom of the window to make your changes apply to other users. Click Save to keep your changes.
Working with the Map View
If you switch to the Map View, you'll be presented with a map that indicates the location of each of your applicants. To establish what data point is used for the applicant locations, click Map applications by... and select from the available options.
From the Map View, you can:
- click any point on the map to see how many applicants are located there.
- zoom in or out using the + and - buttons.
- click Map, Terrain, or Satellite to select your desired view.
- switch to a full-screen view using the button in the upper-right corner.
Using Phases on the Applications Grid
Phases are the different periods during the application cycle, so the Phase Pipeline is a summary of your applicant pool that allows you to see where applications are in the application process. If your permissions allow, you can add phases as desired.
Click the number under the Phase heading to filter the applications and display only the selected Phase. You can clear this Phase selection by clicking the X near the selected Phase.
Using Filters on the Applications Grid
You can add filters to view specific sets of applications. For example, you can filter for all applications to a specific term, all applications within one of the Segments you’ve created, or all applications that meet a specific set of academic criteria.
To add a filter, click Add Filter. Select the type of filter, you want to use, select any applicable data, and click Apply. The Application Grid refreshes, revealing the matching applications.
You can add more filters as needed. Once two or more filters have been added, you can change the list operator from AND to OR by clicking the operator.
To remove a filter, hover your mouse over the filter and click the minus sign that appears.
Working with Group Filters
When adding filters from the Applications grid, you can create more advanced queries by using the Group filter option. Grouped filters allow you to nest groups of filters together within a series of filters. For example, with Group filters, you can create a query that finds all applications that meet the following criteria:
- (Applicant's Legal State of Residence is NY) OR
- (US Residency = Non Resident) AND (Foreign Transcripts = Yes) OR
- (Program = Management) OR (Program = Business)
In the above example, #2 and #3 are Group filters, allowing you to isolate a combination of filters inside the larger query. With this, you can create a single query that finds anyone who matches any of the filters in either #1, #2, or #3.
To add a Group filter:
- Click Add Filter and select Group.
- Under Editing Group, click Add Filter to begin adding filters to the Group.
- After applying the first filter, click Add Filter again to form the Group. Continue adding and applying filters to this Group as desired.
- Click the AND / OR toggle to adjust whether the filter should include applications that match all or any of the selected criteria.
- Click <-- Back to save the Group filter and return to the main filters.
- Continue adding filters or additional Group filters as desired.