In WebAdMIT, applicant files contain various date fields. Some of these dates are affected by applicant activities, while others are affected by the CAS processing documents or other data points. Below is a review of the most common applicant date fields in WebAdMIT.
The Last CAS Update field is the last date that an applicant's information was transmitted from the CAS to WebAdMIT. This transmission occurs when:
- An applicant updates information in their application and clicks the Update My Application button,
- A document, such as a transcript or evaluation, or an official test score has been received by the CAS team, or
- An applicant's information needed to be retransmitted to ensure accuracy between the application and WebAdMIT. Note that this is rare.
This field is labeled Application Last Changed On under the Applicant field grouping in the List Manager and Export Manager.
Certain date fields that may appear under the Designations panel include:
- Submitted Date: when an applicant has paid for and submitted to your program. This date coincides with the "received" application status date.
- Completion Date: when all CAS-required documents have been received by the CAS. This date coincides with the "complete" application status date. Note the following:
- Depending on your CAS, this may be the final application status.
- A Completion Date can change and move to a future date if an applicant is undelivered, but the Submitted Date will never change. For example, an applicant submits their application to your program on January 7 and is complete on January 11. The applicant enters Verification and is undelivered on January 12. The applicant then corrects the errors and resubmits their application on January 26. They are then complete on January 26, and verified on January 29. In this example, the applicant's Submitted Date is listed as January 7, the Completion Date (which was initially January 11) is listed as January 26, and the Verified Date is listed as January 29.
- Verified Date: when an applicant has completed the Verification process. This date coincides with the "verified" application status date.
- Note: depending on your CAS, this may be the final application status.
- Program Added: when the applicant added your program to their CAS application. This is found under the Details button.
The dates that an applicant can move through the "received," "complete," and "verified" application statuses can widely vary. It can take anywhere from a few days to months from the time an applicant starts their application to the time they submit it to your program; it's entirely dependent upon the applicant. It can also take anywhere from a few days to months from the time an applicant submits their application to the time the CAS receives all required documents. For example, the applicant may request official transcripts and/or letters of evaluation before they submit their application, or they may request these after submission. The applicant's completion date is dependent upon the applicant requesting the documents, their school's Registrar for sending the official transcripts, and/or their evaluators completing the evaluations. Finally, if the CAS requires applicants to be verified, verification typically takes two weeks; during the CAS's peak season, it can take up to four weeks. If an applicant is undelivered due to errors in their coursework or transcripts, the applicant will need to correct these errors first before they can be verified; this can also delay the verified date.
If an applicant has the same Submitted Date, Completion Date, and Verified Date for your program, then most likely the applicant has already applied to and been verified for another program.
These fields are labeled under the Designation field grouping in the List Manager and Export Manager as:
- Submitted Date: Designation Submitted Date
- Completion Date: Designation Complete Date
- Verified Date: Designation Verified Date
- Program Added: Designation Added Date
Certain date fields that may appear under the Documents panel include:
- Applications Received: when an applicant has paid for and submitted to your program. This date matches both the Submitted Date under the Designations panel and the "received" application status date.
- Transcripts Received: when the applicant's transcripts were matched to their file. If an applicant submits an updated transcript to the CAS, the new transcript will display in WebAdMIT and the Transcripts Received field date will also update.
- Applicant Uploaded Documents: when an applicant attaches a document in the Program Materials or Documents sections of the application.
The Transcripts Received field is labeled Transcript Received Date under the Transcripts field grouping in the Export Manager; it is not available in the List Manager. The Applications Received and Applicant Uploaded Documents fields are not available in the List Manager or Export Manager.
The Evaluations Received Date field reflects when an evaluator completes and submits their evaluation via the Letters by Liaison recommendation portal (formerly the Evaluation Portal).
This field is labeled Reference Received Date under the References field grouping in the List Manager and Export Manager.
Standardized Tests Panel
Certain date fields that may appear under the Documents panel include:
- Test Date: when the applicant has taken or plans to take a test.
- Official Received Date: when the applicant's official test scores were matched to their applicant file.
These fields are labeled in the List Manager and Export Manager as:
- Test Date: Test Date under the Applicant Reported test score field groupings and Official test score field groupings
- Official Received Date: may be Received Date or Official Received Date under the Official test score field groupings
The List Manager and Export Manager also include a Last Updated Date field under the Official test score field grouping; this field is not listed on the applicant’s page in WebAdMIT. The Last Updated Date field reflects the date the official test score was received in WebAdMIT. This may be different from the Official Received Date if the applicant’s scores:
- Were not automatically matched to their application due to discrepancies in their name and birth date information between the testing agency and the CAS application, or
- Needed to be rerun due to a test score update.
Prerequisite GPAs Panel
For prerequisites built in the Configuration Portal and completed by applicants in the Applicant Portal, the Date Fulfilled field reflects when the applicant has matched their coursework to your program's prerequisites. This date will be earlier than the Submitted Date under the Designations panel.
An applicant can choose not to match courses to prerequisites, which results in the Date Fulfilled field displaying N/A.
If you select the Force Fulfill checkbox for a prerequisite, the Date Fulfilled field will update to the date that you performed this action.
This field is labeled the prerequisite GPA criterion's name Date Fulfilled under the Prerequisite GPA field grouping in the List Manager and Export Manager.
The CAS Updates Date Changed field reflects any updates made to the applicant's application, both by the applicant and the CAS (e.g., the applicant updated content and/or the CAS received documents).
This field is labeled Updated Date under the CAS's name Updates field grouping in the List Manager; it is not available in the Export Manager.