This guide provides you with documentation, reference guides, and direct links that answer common admissions questions about the BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences Applicant Portal, Configuration Portal, and WebAdMIT. It also contains resources that may help you work more efficiently throughout your admissions process. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact your Account Manager and Client Success Manager.
Important Contact Information
Contact or refer applicants to the BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences Application Support team at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 857-557-8043
Contact the Client Support Specialist team for assistance with WebAdMIT at:
The Applicant Portal opens in early December and closes in mid-August.
Between late October and mid-November, configurations are entered in the prelaunch environment.
You can view new applicants after the new cycle opens in early December.
Program Participation Requirements
BU requires all programs to designate two contacts at your institution who will receive all communication from BU and BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences, including the configuration, application, and WebAdMIT launch notifications.
The first three sections of the BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences application (i.e., Personal Information, Academic History, and Supporting Information) compose the core application. They contain questions that are commonly asked of applicants across all participating programs, such as an applicant's biographic information, standardized test scores, and experiences. The fourth section of the application is Program Materials, which is customized by you through the Configuration Portal (discussed in the next section).
You can access the BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences application and BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences Applicant Help Center to review the applicant experience. You can also create a test application in the Applicant Portal; we recommend creating a new account and adding "test" to your name (e.g., TestJohn TestDoe).
For a general overview of the applicant experience, review the following documents:
- Applicant Processing Reference Guide: learn how applicants move through the application and Liaison processes applicant materials, such as transcripts and official test scores.
- Application Statuses Reference Guide: review what each application status means and how you can interact with applicants at different stages.
- Requirements for the BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences Complete application status can be found here.
You can direct any applicant inquiries related to the application to BU Faculty of Computing and Data Sciences Application Support.
Use the Configuration Portal Quick Start Guide to make sure you configure your program(s) efficiently and completely in the prelaunch environment. Be sure to check out your CAS's configuration options and review the best practices found throughout. If any optional sections of the application are required for your program (e.g., experiences, test scores, etc.), you'll want to note this on your program home page.
Review the WebAdMIT Manual for any questions related to working in WebAdMIT. The Documentation and Reference Guides and WebAdMIT Training and Support sections are additional resources as you configure WebAdMIT for your needs. Documents commonly requested include:
- API Overview: learn how to set up an API and schedule automatic data exports from WebAdMIT into your SIS/ERP.
- Application Coupons Reference Guide: learn how to request coupons to offset application fees and disperse them to applicants.
- Custom Export Field Layout: a comprehensive list of all fields available in the Export Manager, including associated lookup tables.
- Manual Designations: learn how to add additional programs (i.e., designations) to an application in WebAdMIT.
- Master College Code List: a comprehensive list of all college names and their respective Liaison, MDB, CEEB, FICE, and/or IPED codes.
- Social Security Number (SSN) Documents Reference Guide: a guide on how to configure a PGP key to receive an encrypted file that contains the applicant's CAS ID and SSN.
- Transfer Settings Guide: a review of how programs and templates built in WebAdMIT are carried forward each cycle.
The Release Notes feature new enhancements in the Applicant Portal, Configuration Portal, and WebAdMIT, in addition to upcoming training opportunities.
For any questions, contact the Client Support Specialist Team.