Creating Prerequisite GPAs
The Prerequisite GPAs feature allows you to create a set of prerequisite courses and match them for each applicant. These Prerequisite GPAs are separate from those created in the Configuration Portal for applicants to interact with.
- To create a Prerequisite GPA, open the Management panel on the Menu Bar, then click Prerequisite GPAs.
- Click New Prerequisite GPA.
- Begin by creating a Prerequisite GPA category. Enter a name, select whether you are including or ignoring +/- grades, select the programs associated with this Prerequisite GPA, and click Submit.
- Click add criterion to add a criterion to the GPA.
- Enter a description for the new criterion, then click Submit. If applicable, enter values for Minimum GPA and Minimum Credits.
- Continue to add criteria as desired.
Working with Prerequisite GPAs
Once Prerequisite GPAs have been created, each applicant can have courses matched to them. You can also edit the courses an applicant has selected for Prerequisites built in the Configuration Portal. To view the original, applicant-selected courses, download the full application PDF under the Documents panel.
Prerequisite GPAs are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in their Work Group can work with them, matching courses to prerequisites. Prerequisite GPAs also become available when working with Lists, Exports, Reports, Scoring, and Email Templates as merge fields.
Matching and editing prerequisites must be done individually for each applicant. For this reason, it is recommended that you use this feature further in your review process, as you can focus on a smaller number of applicants.
- To view the Prerequisite GPA calculation for an applicant, navigate to the GPA Overview panel on their Applicant Details page and click the Prerequisite GPA subpanel. Initially, the GPA will be 0.00, as courses need to be matched to the prerequisite in order for a GPA to be calculated.
- To review and add courses to specific Prerequisite GPAs, navigate to the Electronic Transcript and select a Prerequisite GPA template from the View drop-down.
- The resulting view displays a Requirements column. To add a course to a prerequisite, click the Prerequisite GPAs button and select the applicable prerequisite.
- As courses are selected, they are included in the Prerequisite GPA calculation.
Prerequisite GPAs Panel
This panel displays a summary of your prerequisites, whether the applicant has completed them, and the applicant's total credits and average GPA used to fulfill the criterion.
Prerequisite criteria can be fulfilled in two ways:
- Associate the prerequisite with a course from the Electronic Transcript (as described above). When the matched course(s) meets the GPA and Credit thresholds that you have determined (labeled as Min. GPA and Min. Credits on the Prerequisite GPA panel), the criterion is marked as fulfilled.
To view the course(s) that is fulfilling a criterion, click the Details link. To view all courses matched to a criterion, click Expand all.
- Manually fulfill the criterion. To manually fulfill a criterion, click the Force Fulfill checkbox.