Best Practices with Managing Your Applicant Pool
If you're just getting started with managing your applicants, we recommend you review the following information.
- Track applicants during each stage of your admissions process. Review the Local Statuses Best Practices page for additional tips.
- Feature select fields and add an applicant photo to the Applicant Header.
- Add and manage internal admissions notes to applications.
Depending on your CAS, you may also have access to these additional features:
Creating Local Statuses
Local Statuses allow you to track applicants by Designation during each stage of your admissions process. Optionally, Local Statuses can be matched to Decision Codes. Decision Codes are standard CAS-wide codes used for categorization and reporting of applicants. If a Local Status is linked to a Decision Code, when you change an applicant’s Local Status, WebAdMIT automatically updates the Decision Code.
All Local Status and Decision Code changes are recorded under the History panel on each applicant's page. Local Statuses are for internal WebAdMIT use only. Applicants cannot see their Local Status in the Applicant Portal. For programs that participate in ADEA AADSAS and match Local Statuses to Decision Codes, applicants can view final Decision Codes from the Check Status page of their application.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Local Status.
- Click New Local Status.
- Enter a name and select whether the status is active.
- Select the related Decision Code. The available Decision Codes are established by each CAS. For any questions or change requests, contact your Account Manager.
- Choose a color to visually represent your status.
- Select an Email Template to link to this Local Status. When an applicant is moved into this Local Status, a window prompts you to send, edit, save as a draft, or do not send the linked email template. Note that this option only appears when email templates exist.
- Enter a description, select the programs associated with this status, then click Submit.
Changing an Applicant's Local Status
Once Local Statuses have been created, they can be assigned to applicants individually from the Designations panel on the Applicant Details page. They can also be assigned in batch via Lists, Searches, or the Clipboard. Local Statuses are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Change Local Statuses permission enabled in their Work Group can assign or update an applicant's Local Status.
Updating an Applicant's Status Individually
- Navigate to the Applicant Details page.
- Go to the Designations panel.
- Use the Local Status drop-down to update the Local Status.
- If the new Local Status is associated with an email template, a window prompts you to select an action. Click Send to send the email to all applicants, excluding those who already received it.
Updating Applicants' Statuses in Batch
- Navigate to any list you've created.
- Click List Actions.
- Click Change Checked Applicants' Status.
- In the window that appears, select the designation(s) you'd like this change to impact, then click Next. This selection then limits the new Local Status options, based on what Local Statuses are compatible with the desired designations.
- Select the new Local Status.
- Review the changes. Note that this action cannot be undone in batch.
- Click Save.
If the batch Local Status change cannot be applied to any applicant for any reason, a Batch Status Exceptions window appears with the applicant's name, ID, and other identifying information.
Note that you may exclude applicants from your change by unchecking them prior to running the Batch Status Update.