WebAdMIT for AMCAS allows you to create and save email templates for quick correspondence with applicants.
Gaining Access to This Feature
The Email Templates feature is available under the Management panel and access to this tool is controlled through Work Groups. You must have both the Configure Software and Email Applicants permissions to create and edit email templates.
Additionally, be aware that Institution Managers who are in the WebAdMIT Administrators Work Group can view, edit, and deactivate all email templates created within their organization.
Creating Email Templates
Once you create an Email Template, be sure to send it as a preview to yourself first to confirm it's configured correctly.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Email Templates.
- Click New Email Template.
- Enter an internal name for the template. If you use email templates with Local Statuses, consider using similar names (e.g., the Application Received Local Status uses the Application Received Email Template).
- Select who can view the email template (i.e., only myself or everyone).
- Select the Active checkbox to activate or deactivate the template, as needed.
- Select which programs to use this email template for.
- Enter a subject (what the applicant will see). Using certain buzzwords in the subject line or image-only emails can trigger spam filters. As a best practice, keep your subject lines as clear and concise as possible and avoid excessive use of capitalization and punctuation. For example, the subject line “Congratulations” may be marked as spam while “Congratulations on your acceptance to Demo College!” will clear spam filters.
- Select email attachments, if applicable. Click Add Attachment and then click to browse or drag and drop your attachments. To remove an attachment, click the delete icon. Note that:
- You can add the following file types (.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, and .pdf), up to 15 MB per file.
- There is no limit to the number of attachments for emails.
- When applicants receive the email, all attachments are located at the bottom of the email and either open in a new browser tab or download, depending on the applicant's browser configuration.
- Compose your email and format it, if applicable. Review the Email Formatting Options section below.
- Click Save to save the template or click Return to Email Templates to discard the changes.
Email Formatting Options
Email Formatting Option
|Add general formatting options||
|Use mail merge fields with the lightbulb icon||
To personalize the message using mail merge fields, click the lightbulb icon, then select the information you want to merge into the message.
If you use date merge fields (e.g., Interview dates, Custom Fields built as date fields, etc.), the date merge field format is MMMM d, yyyy (e.g., July 9, 2022).
If you use a merge field with more than one possible value (e.g., an applicant with more than one interview of the same type), WebAdMIT for AMCAS will include all possible values and add commas and "and" between the multiple values. For example, if an applicant has two interviews of the same type, the Interviewer merge field will populate as Last Name, First Name and Last Name, First Name (e.g., Stark, Tony and Rogers, Steve). If an applicant has three interviews of the same type, each at different times, the Time merge field will populate as Time, Time, and Time (e.g., 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM, and 4:00 PM). Finally, the merge field values will populate as they were created in WebAdMIT for AMCAS in chronological order. For example, if you assigned an interview to Tony Stark first, then Steve Rogers, then the Interviewer merge field will list Tony Stark first, then Steve Rogers.
When using Interview Locations in a mail merge, the Interview Type is included with the Interview Location. For example, if your Interview type is First Interview and your location is Conference Room 243, the resulting email will display First Interview: Conference Room 243 for the Interview Location merge field. See Managing Interviews for a video overview of using Interview merge fields.
|Create a hyperlink with the link icon||
To add a hyperlink, highlight the text you want to become the link, then click the hyperlink icon. Enter the link details, then click OK.
To remove a hyperlink, highlight the link text and click the unlink icon.
|Insert an image||
Some common examples of images in email templates include an email header (e.g., your institution's logo) or a signature at the end of the email. If you want to add an image to the email header, review these suggested image sizes:
To insert an image:
|Insert the current date using the clock icon||This field will enter the date the email template is sent to the applicant. It is formatted as MMMM d, yyyy (e.g., July 9, 2022).|
Managing Email Templates
To manage existing email templates, click Email Templates from the Menu Bar. You can view and perform the following actions for email templates that you created or that other users created and set the visibility to everyone.
Reordering Email Templates
Use the grip icon to drag and drop the email template into the preferred order.
Editing Email Templates
Use the pencil icon to edit an existing email template. If an email template's visibility is set to only myself, only email template owners and Institution Managers who are in the WebAdMIT Administrators Work Group can make edits.
Copying Email Templates
Use the duplicate icon to copy an existing email template.
Deactivating Email Templates
Use the trash icon to deactivate email templates. If an email template's visibility is set to only myself, only email template owners and Institution Managers who are in the WebAdMIT Administrators Work Group can deactivate email templates.