Once you submit your application, most sections are locked to prevent edits. Updates you can make include:
- Editing your contact information.
- Editing your profile information (username, password, etc.).
- Adding programs with deadlines that have not yet passed.
- Adding new recommendations (if you have not yet requested the maximum number of recommendations).
- Editing or deleting recommendations that remain incomplete.
- Adding new entries to certain areas of the Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials sections (e.g., test scores, experiences, optional documents, etc.), where applicable (you are unable to edit or delete existing entries).
- Editing program materials for programs you have not yet submitted to.
- Adding optional documents to programs that you already submitted to (all other sections will be locked).
After making your updates, click Update my application to send the changes to your campuses. If you have updates for other sections of your application, submit these updates directly to your campuses.
Transfer Student Academic Record Updates
This section only applies to transfer students (upper-division, Associate Degree for Transfer, and lower-division).
After applying to the CSU for a fall term, all transfer students must update their application in January 2022 with:
- The grades you received for your fall classes (i.e., the fall before you plan to start at CSU).
- The courses you are enrolled in or plan to take in the spring and summer.
You must provide this information before you expect to enroll. These updates ensure that CSU campuses have your most current academic information.
Are You Starting in Fall 2022?
If you applied for the Fall 2022 quarter/semester, you must update your Cal State Apply application to include courses completed in Fall 2021 and the grades you received in these courses. Also, list any planned coursework through summer 2022. You must make these updates by January 31, 2022. You will receive email notifications reminding you to complete these updates.
Updating Your Academic Record
You can update the following sections:
- Colleges Attended
- You can add new colleges, but you cannot delete previously added ones.
- If your college is listed with a specific end date (e.g., May 2021), you can edit the last term you attended.
- College Coursework
- You can add new coursework to in progress and completed terms and update previously added course grades.
- You cannot delete previously added courses or completed terms.
- General Education
- Program-Specific Prerequisites (in the Program Materials section)