Once you submit your application, most sections are locked to prevent edits. Updates you can make include:
- Editing your contact information.
- Editing your profile information (username, password, security question, etc.).
- Adding programs with deadlines that have not yet passed.
- Editing or deleting recommendations that remain incomplete.
- Adding new test scores, experiences, achievements, and/or certifications, if applicable (you are unable to edit or delete existing entries).
- Editing program materials for programs you have not yet submitted to (programs you have already submitted to will be locked).
After making your updates, click Update my application to send the changes to your programs. If you have updates for other sections of your application, submit these updates directly to your programs.
Transfer Student Academic Record Updates
This section only applies to transfer students (upper-division, Associate Degree for Transfer, and lower-division).
After applying to the CSU for a fall term, all transfer students must update their application in January 2020 with:
- The grades you received for your fall classes (i.e., the fall before you plan to start at CSU).
- The courses you are enrolled in or plan to take in the spring and summer.
You must provide this information before you expect to enroll. These updates ensure that CSU campuses have your most current academic information.
Are You Starting in Fall 2020?
If you applied for the Fall 2020 quarter/semester, you must update your Cal State Apply application to include courses completed in Fall 2019 and the grades you received in these courses. Also, list any planned coursework through summer 2020. You must make these updates by January 31, 2020. You will receive email notifications reminding you to complete these updates.
Updating Your Academic Record
To complete these updates, log in to your Cal State Apply application and follow the instructions in the Transfer Academic Update Guide.
You can update the following sections:
- Colleges Attended
- Transcript Entry
- General Education
- Program-Specific Prerequisites (in the Program Materials section)
Note that you can add new colleges, but you cannot edit or delete previously added ones or your dates of attendance. If you need to edit attendance dates, contact Cal State Apply Customer Service. Cal State Apply Customer Service can only extend attendance dates; they cannot delete any colleges from your application.