Transferring Your Settings
The Settings Transfer feature in WebAdMIT for AMCAS allows you to transfer templates from the previous cycle to the current cycle. Active templates from the List Manager, Export Manager, Custom Fields, Local Status, Local GPAs, Prerequisite GPAs, Requirements, Scoring, Assignments, Interviewing, Email Templates, and Email Addresses will be transferred from your current cycle to the new cycle when the Transfer Settings option is completed.
Using the Settings Transfer Feature
The Transfer Settings feature is made available to all users assigned to a Work Group with the Configure Software permission, including anyone assigned to the WebAdMIT Administrators Work Group.
Transfer Settings can only be completed by a single user once per cycle for each organization.
Several features in WebAdMIT have a visibility option. This includes Lists, Exports, and Email Templates. If you wish to transfer these items, they should be set to ‘visible by Everyone’. Any Lists, Exports, or Email Templates that are private or not accessible to the person initiating the Settings Transfer will not transfer to the new cycle.
Items without a visibility option are attached to programs, so they apply to all programs to which the user doing the transfer has access.
After transferring your templates, be sure to review them to ensure they transferred correctly. For example, in a subsequent cycle there may be new fields added, so review lists and exports to confirm whether or not updates are needed.
The user who initiates the Settings Transfer becomes the owner of transferred Lists and Exports, which allows them to edit and delete, as necessary. If other users wish to edit or delete these items, they can use the Copy feature to create and edit their own copies of these items.
Initiating a Settings Transfer
To initiate a Settings Transfer:
- Locate the Transfer Settings from Previous Setup panel in the center section of the dashboard. At the beginning of a new cycle, this is made available to all users with the Configure Software permission in their Work Group.
- Click Transfer from 201X - 201X WebAdMIT, then review the templates that will be carried over.
Note: Clicking “dismiss it permanently” on the Transfer Settings panel removes the option to transfer settings for the entire organization for the duration of the application cycle.
- To cancel and not proceed with the Settings Transfer, click Cancel Transfer.
- When you are finished, approve the Settings Transfer.
Items Not Transferred during a Settings Transfer
Work Groups, Applicant Headers, and Report Manager templates don’t transfer and need to be rebuilt in the new cycle. Additionally, Admissions Users don’t transfer; instead, an Institution Manager must add the new cycle to each user’s account. To do this:
- Select the previous cycle in the CAS/Organization/Cycle drop down in the upper right hand corner.
- Open Admission Users under Management in the Menu Bar.
- Click the pencil icon to edit a user’s account.
- Click the green plus sign next to the cycle year you would like to add.
- Assign the appropriate Work Group for the new cycle.