Welcome to WebAdMIT for AMCAS, a cloud-based admissions management platform that provides users with tools to streamline their admissions processes. Using WebAdMIT for AMCAS, admissions staff can:
- Manage each applicant as they progress through the admissions cycle.
- Manage collective groups of applicants.
- Obtain holistic views of applicant pools.
- Take full advantage of applicant data to make the best admissions decisions.
Quick Start Topics
If you're new to WebAdMIT for AMCAS, we recommend you review the following topics in order. These topics provide you with an overview of the essential information you need to know to get up and running.
We know that learning a new system can be a daunting undertaking. Because it may take some time to read through all the documentation and watch all the training videos, we’re also including some of the key information (i.e. Tips) you should be aware of as you get started.
|Topic/Link||This topic contains information on:|
|1. Key Terms and Definitions||Common WebAdMIT for AMCAS terms and definitions, organized in a glossary.|
|2. Accessing WebAdMIT for AMCAS||Logging in to WebAdMIT for AMCAS.|
|3. Working with the Dashboard||The five main areas of the Dashboard which provide you with essential information.|
|4. Searching for Applicants||How to search for applicants and filter your applicant pool.|
The Applicant Details Page which contains all of an applicant's data.
Tip: Several data fields are not visible in the Applicant Details panel but must be added to the Applicant Header:
We recommend adding the Total Research Hours field to the Applicant Header for the Combined MD-PhD programs. This field only applies to Combined MD-PhD programs and is visible in the Applicant Header even when there is no data to display; it is important to assign it to this program only as there will be no data in this field for any other program type.
How to create and manage groups of applicants.
Tip: Before creating Lists, be sure to review this section in detail, including these three important topics:
How to setup and manage your WebAdMIT for AMCAS admissions users.
Tip: Once you set up a User, they must be assigned to the programs in their organization in order for them to view any data or perform admissions tasks.
|8. Contact Support||Additional support resources.|
As you become more familiar with WebAdMIT for AMCAS and begin building Export templates, note that it is important to save every 10 minutes. Because the work that you do in the template is not interacting with the server, it is possible for you to be signed out of the session and lose your work. Click here for more information on creating Exports.
The Transfer Settings feature is a one-time function used to copy templates from one cycle to another. These templates include Lists, Exports, Email Templates, Local Statuses, Custom Fields, and Scoring Models. It is important that you carefully read through the Transfer Setting instructions before activating this feature.
Once Transfer Settings have been completed, you must assign Work Groups to your Lists and Exports. Additionally, note that Reports do not transfer and you must assign Work Group permissions in the new cycle. Activities configured in the Applicant Gateway also do not transfer at this time.
The Applicant Gateway is a portal that allows applicants to complete admissions-related activities, such as completing supplemental applications, matching prerequisites and competencies, scheduling interviews, submitting payments, uploading additional documentation, and accepting offers. When using the Applicant Gateway, note the following:
- Each program type has its own Applicant Gateway (including all of the available activities).
- These Gateways must be submitted by a school user for activation by WebAdMIT for AMCAS Support and then synced to WebAdMIT for AMCAS before they can be accessed by applicants to complete activities.
- In the Applicant Gateway, you can configure the types of documents you want to collect from applicants. Examples may include technical standards/policies, residency determination information, financial statements, etc. Review the Applicant Gateway Configuration Manager Guide for information on collecting applicant documents.
- Note that only the first 15 characters will display in the Applicant Gateway Documents panel in WebAdMIT for AMCAS, so ensure the name clearly identifies the document.
- Each enabled Gateway activity may only be performed once by an applicant throughout the process. For example, you may enable the Collect Documents activity for an applicant; once that activity it submitted by the applicant it cannot be re-enabled and you cannot issue an additional Collect Documents activity later in the process. Note: There is an exception for applicants who change their program type. If an applicant had already completed the Supplemental Application for the MD-PhD program, but switches to the Regular MD program, you can enable the Regular MD Supplemental Application activity if you wish.