This guide provides you with documentation, reference guides, and direct links that answer common admissions questions about the PhORCAS Applicant Portal and WebAdMIT. It also contains resources that may help you work more efficiently throughout your admissions process. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact your Account Manager and Customer Solutions Manager.
The Applicant Portal opens in early November and closes in late May.
You can view new applicants and initiate a transfer settings shortly after the new cycle opens in early November.
Program Participation Requirements
ASHP requires all programs to designate two contacts at your institution who will receive all communication from ASHP and PhORCAS, including the application and WebAdMIT launch notifications.
You can access the PhORCAS application and PhORCAS Applicant Help Center to review the applicant experience. You can also create a test application in the Applicant Portal; we recommend creating a new account and adding "test" to your name (e.g., TestJohn TestDoe).
For a general overview of the applicant experience, review the following documents:
- Applicant Processing Reference Guide: learn how applicants move through the application and Liaison processes applicant materials, such as transcripts and official test scores.
- Application Statuses Reference Guide: review what each application status means and how you can interact with applicants at different stages.
- Requirements for the PhORCAS Complete application status can be found here.
You can direct any applicant inquiries related to the application to PhORCAS Customer Service.
Review the WebAdMIT Manual for any questions related to working in WebAdMIT. The Documentation and Reference Guides and WebAdMIT Training and Support sections are additional resources as you configure WebAdMIT for your needs. Documents commonly requested include:
- API Overview: learn how to set up an API and schedule automatic data exports from WebAdMIT into your SIS/ERP.
- Custom Export Field Layout: a comprehensive list of all fields available in the Export Manager, including associated lookup tables.
- Master College Code List: a comprehensive list of all college names and their respective Liaison, MDB, CEEB, FICE, and/or IPED codes.
- Social Security Number (SSN) Documents Reference Guide: a guide on how to configure a PGP key to receive an encrypted file that contains the applicant's CAS ID and SSN.
- Transfer Settings Guide: a review of how programs and templates built in WebAdMIT are carried forward each cycle.
The Release Notes feature new enhancements in the Applicant Portal and WebAdMIT, in addition to upcoming training opportunities.
For any questions, contact the Client Support Specialist Team.