Finding the Applicant Details Page
The information entered into the application by the applicant is viewable on the Applicant Details page. From any search or list, click the applicant’s name to view the Applicant Details page.
Applicant Details Panels
Information on the Applicant Details page appears in categorized, collapsible panels. The panels that display are determined by users’ Work Groups; only applicant header information will display if panels are not permissioned to a Work Group.
Note that Applicant Details panels cannot be reordered. If you do not want to view a panel's contents, you can minimize the panel by clicking the arrow icon. WebAdMIT will remember if you prefer to keep a panel open or closed. However, the Electronic Transcript panel will always be closed when you navigate to the Applicant Details page to ensure faster loading speeds. You can expand it as needed.
The Applicant Header displays key demographic information, including:
- Applicant Name
- Applicant Photo
- Applicant ID
- Flags for verification and Academic Update (e.g., Verified highlighted in green and Academic Update highlighted in yellow)
- The most recent date and time that information was transmitted from the CAS to WebAdMIT (i.e., last Applicant Update)
- Program Plans, which provide a snapshot of when an applicant is actually interested in applying. These include terms (winter, spring, summer, and fall) for the current and next two calendar years, as well as options for other, undecided, or don’t plan to begin a program. Review our In Progress Applicants - How to Use Program Plans for Forecasting webinar under Recorded Webinars for advice on how best to use this data.
- Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) status, for applicants who choose to pay a PTE specialist to enter their completed coursework. The statuses include:
- TE-Awaiting Transcripts: the applicant has not submitted all required, official transcripts to the CAS.
- TE-Ready for Work: the applicant is in queue to have their coursework entered by a PTE specialist.
- TE-Pending Approval: the applicant must approve the entered coursework before their application is given a Complete date and placed in line for verification. Note that the applicant may have to meet additional CAS requirements, such as a minimum number of evaluations completed, before being given a Complete date.
- TE-Approved: the applicant has approved the entered coursework.
If other available fields have been enabled in the Applicant Header Manager, they appear on the right. Additionally, the top right corner of the Applicant Header provides navigation options to move between applicants.
Uploading an Applicant Photo
From the Applicant Details page, you can upload a photo in .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and .png formats. We recommend a size of 640x480 pixels. Note that photos are optional and are not provided by the CAS.
- Click Upload in the Applicant Header section.
- Click Browse to find and select the photo on your computer. Note that a list of programs appears in the Applicant Photo window. WebAdMIT automatically selects the programs that the applicant applied to. If necessary, uncheck any programs, then click Upload.
This panel displays the applicant’s contact information, which may include:
- Current Address
- Permanent Address
- Preferred Address
- Alternate Contact
- Text Authorization
If you have the Email Applicants permission in your Work Group, then you can email applicants from this panel.
This panel displays the program at your institution to which the applicant applied, as well as:
- Local Status (if you have the Change Local Statuses permission in your Work Group, then you can change applicants' Local Statuses from the drop-down)
- Decision Code
- Application Status
- Relevant Dates (the date the application was completed, submitted, verified)
- Details, which includes additional information about the designation, such as:
- Local Status and Decision Code updates
- When the applicant added your program to their application (i.e., Program Added). If an applicant removes a program and later re-adds it, the new date added is recorded.
- Applicant Specific Deadline, if your program configures multiple deadlines. Additionally, if the applicant received an individual deadline extension, the new deadline date displays in this field.
- Year(s) of previous applications
- Graduate program interest tracks, if applicable
- Applicant Eligibility statuses and Redirect campuses (only available for select CASs)
Note that for some CASs, the Designations panel includes a Last Exported Date column. This displays the last date an applicant was included in an export.
To establish whether this field is updated for all applicants included in an export, adjust the Last Export Date timestamp setting in its Export Settings. Note that you must have the Update Last Exported Date Timestamp When Exporting permission in your Work Group in order to do this. Where applicable, you can clear the Last Export Date individually for an applicant by clicking the Delete icon in the Last Exported field, or you can clear it in batch through List or Search Actions.
If available in your CAS, you may have access to two additional buttons:
- Add Designation allows you to add Manual Designations to your applicants. Once added, the new program is listed under the Designations panel with a Manual application status.
- Redirect Applicant allows you to redirect an applicant to an alternate campus. Once redirected, the new program is listed under the Designations panel with a Redirected application status. You must have the Redirect a Single Applicant permission in your Work Group to redirect an applicant. To redirect an applicant:
- Click Redirect Applicant.
- Select the alternate campus from the Organizations drop-down.
- Select the alternate program from the Programs list.
- Click Submit.
This panel displays the scoring model used for the applicant, as well as the actual score and a detailed view of score calculations.
To view the score calculations, click Details. Details displayed include:
- Scorable Field name
- Input score (original score)
- Point Table applied to score that component
- Multiplier used
- Component Score (final score)
Scores are automatically updated when changes are made to an applicant’s scored items or a Scoring Model. When making changes directly on an applicant’s page, you may need to click Refresh Applicant's Scores to view the updated component scores.
This panel displays the user(s) who completed or are assigned to complete Assignments for the applicant.
If you have the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission in your Work Group, you can assign and delete Assignments, as well as edit submitted Assignment results. If you have the View Other User's Assignment/Interview Results permission, you can view Assignments assigned to any user.
This panel displays the user(s) who completed or are assigned to complete Interviews for the applicant.
If you have the Manage Assignments and Interviews permission in your Work Group, you can assign and delete Interviews, well as edit submitted Interview results. If you have the View Other User's Assignment/Interview Results permission, you can view Interviews assigned to any user.
This panel displays the applicant’s documents transmitted from the CAS. Documents uploaded by local program staff also appear here. The number in parentheses on each subpanel indicates how many of each document type are available. Documents sources can include:
- Applications: this section contains a full PDF of the application. Note that the full application PDF will mirror the panels and sub-panels allowed for viewing for the user, based on their Work Group. For example, if the user can only view the Contact Information panel, then the full application PDF will only contain this information.
- Transcripts: transcripts and foreign evaluations appear when they are received and processed for a submitted applicant. All colleges for which the applicant has not submitted a transcript are listed in the Transcripts panel as (Pending) Transcript. Each CAS determines which transcripts and foreign evaluations are required, so your applicants may have pending transcripts listed that are not required. Additionally, the Transcript Type column identifies if the applicant submitted an official transcript to the CAS (Official) or uploaded a transcript in the application (Unofficial). Note that the received date is the date the document was received into WebAdMIT from the CAS.
- Applicant Uploaded Documents Application Level: documents submitted by the applicants that were requested on the standard application.
- Applicant Uploaded Documents Program Level: documents submitted by the applicants that were requested by the program through the Configuration Portal.
- Admissions Uploaded Documents: documents uploaded internally by your admissions team. These are not visible to applicants.
To download a document, click its name. Depending on your browser, you may be prompted to open or save the file.
Users with Manage Uploaded Documents permissions in their Work Group may upload additional documents for internal use. To attach a document, go to the Admissions Uploaded Documents subpanel, enter a description (name), click Choose File to find and select the document on your computer, then click Upload File.
All application documents from the current cycle and three previous cycles are available online. This includes high-resolution transcripts and applicant-uploaded documents. Review our Document Retention Policy guide for additional information. To access documents from a previous cycle:
- Use the cycle switcher to navigate to the desired cycle.
- Locate the desired applicant, and open the Documents panel.
- Click the document name to download it.
This panel displays the letters of evaluation that were completed by the applicant’s evaluators. To download an evaluation, click its name. Depending on your browser, you may be prompted to open or save the file.
To view evaluator information, click Evaluator Details.
To view additional evaluator and evaluation information, if applicable, click Evaluation Details.
Where applicable, this panel contains a link to the applicant's Kira Talent assessment. It also provides the status of the Kira assessment and its completion date. Note that data only populates once an applicant completes the Kira assessment.
Once you click the Kira assessment link, you'll be redirected to Kira Talent.
The Kira Assessment Status and Kira Assessment Completed Date fields are searchable via the List Manager and exportable via the Export Manager. An additional Kira Assessment Program Identifier field is available in the List Manager and Export Manager, so that you can pair the Kira Assessment Status and Kira Assessment Completed Date fields with the appropriate WebAdMIT designation.
Where applicable, this panel contains a link to the applicant's SlideRoom application for each designation. It also provides the status of the SlideRoom application and, if necessary, its completion date.
Note that you must enter your SlideRoom credentials the first time you access any applicant’s portfolio from a link through WebAdMIT.
The Status and Completion Date fields are searchable via the List Manager and exportable via the Export Manager. An additional WebAdMIT Program ID field is available in the List Manager and Export Manager, so that you can pair the SlideRoom Status and Completion Date fields with the appropriate WebAdMIT designation.
Once you click the SlideRoom link, a page like this appears:
This panel displays the applicant’s personal information, including:
- Biographic Information
- Race & Ethnicity
- Citizenship and Residency Information
- Background Checks (you must have the Request Background Check and View Background Check permissions to request and view these background checks)
- Parent/Guardian (expand the education section to view any schools attended by the parent/guardian, then expand the Residency section for more information)
- Other information, such as military status or languages spoken
This panel displays felony, misdemeanor, institutional, or military infractions reported by the applicant. If the applicant reported Yes to an infraction, expand that section for more information.
This panel displays custom questions asked by the CAS on the application.
CAS Custom Questions
This panel displays custom questions asked by the CAS on the application.
This panel displays program custom questions, created through the Configuration Portal.
This panel displays supplemental application information. The fields that display here are configured by your WebAdMIT administrator.
You must have the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in order to update an applicant's Custom Field.
This panel displays a series of post-secondary GPAs calculated for the applicant. Some of the GPAs are calculated by the CAS, while others are customized by you and calculated by WebAdMIT. Some of the GPAs may include:
- GPAs by Year
- GPAs by Subject
- Local GPAs
- Prerequisite GPAs
- Foreign Evaluations, such as Official WES GPAs
This panel displays the applicant’s applicable test scores for exams. The available tests that may appear here will vary based on your CAS. Tests may include ACT, ADAT, DAT, GMAT, GRE, HESI, IELTS, INBDE, MCAT, NBDE, OAT, PCAT, TEAS, and TOEFL exams.
Both applicant-reported and official test scores appear here. Official test scores have:
- Official in the Test and Official Results columns,
- The CAS name in the Official Received By column, and
- A date in the Official Received Date column.
Note that some tests may have a dedicated panel outside of the Standardized Tests panel, such as MCATs.
This panel displays the previous institutions attended. This may include the undergraduate institution(s), graduate institution(s), and high school(s) attended by the applicant. Additionally, if your CAS collects General Education category requirements, then a General Education subpanel displays.
Some CASs indicate if an institution is regionally accredited. If your CAS provides this information, a Regionally Accredited column appears in the Education panel. Click the Yes/No button to view the institution's accrediting agency. Note that international institutions are listed as N/A, as they are not regionally accredited.
Regional accreditation is listed in the Colleges Attended section of the full application PDF. If an institution is not regionally accredited, an error indicator is listed in the:
- Electronic Transcript on the Applicant Details page,
- Electronic Transcript in the full application PDF, and
- Colleges Attended section in the full application PDF.
You can search by or export the Regionally Accredited and Accrediting Agency fields under the College(s) Attended field grouping in the List Manager and Export Manager, respectively.
Note that applicants do not see this regional accreditation information.
The Primary column indicates which institution the applicant selected as their primary institution. This is typically the institution where an applicant has earned or will earn their degree.
How an applicant reports their degrees affects the icons listed next to their degrees. Additionally, each CAS determines which degrees are verified (e.g., associate, bachelors, masters, etc.).
- If an applicant marked their degree as in progress, then a blue, In Progress icon appears next to the degree.
- If an applicant marked their degree as earned, but either the CAS does not use verification or the CAS uses verification but the degree is not listed as conferred on the official transcript, then a yellow, Not Yet Verified icon appears next to the degree.
- If an applicant marked their degree as earned, and the CAS uses verification and the degree is listed as conferred on the official transcript, then a green, Verified icon appears next to the degree.
This panel displays the status of supplemental application materials and information, such as fees or deadlines. The fields that display here are configured by your WebAdMIT Administrator.
You must have the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in order to update an applicant's Requirements.
This panel displays a summary of your prerequisites built in WebAdMIT and, if applicable, prerequisites from the Configuration Portal, if the applicant has completed them, and (if so) the applicant's total credits and average GPA used to fulfill the criteria.
Prerequisites that are built in WebAdMIT will be matched by admissions users and are not visible to applicants. These are separate from prerequisites that are set up in the CAS Configuration Portal for applicants to match. You must have the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in order to update an applicant's Prerequisite GPA. Prerequisite criteria can be fulfilled in two ways:
- Associate the prerequisite with a course from the Electronic Transcript. When the matched course(s) meets the GPA and Credit thresholds that you have determined (labeled as Min. GPA and Min. Credits on the Prerequisite GPA panel), the criterion is marked as fulfilled. To view the course(s) that is fulfilling a criterion, click the Details link. To view all courses matched to a criterion, click Expand all.
- Manually fulfill the criterion. To manually fulfill a criterion, click the Force Fulfill checkbox.
High School Transcript
This panel displays a normalized view of the applicant’s high school academic coursework, including the CAS-standardized classification, term type, and applicable subject area.
This panel displays a normalized view of the applicant’s academic coursework, including the CAS-standardized classification and grade. To view additional information about a course, click the Details link.
To group courses by academic status, course number, classification, or term, select an option from the and group by drop-down.
Viewing Local GPAs
To review courses that comprise a Local GPA, select a Local GPA template from the View drop-down.
The resulting view displays a column of checkboxes; checked courses are included in the Local GPA you are viewing. To remove a course from the Local GPA, uncheck the box. Note that you must have the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in order to update an applicant's Local GPA.
Unchecking courses to remove them from a Local GPA is a temporary action. Adjustments to the Local GPA setup or updates to an applicant’s coursework will cause Local GPAs to recalculate, and manual course selections to be overwritten.
To restrict the view to only the courses included in the selected Local GPA, click the hide unrelated courses checkbox.
Viewing Prerequisite GPAs
To review and add courses to specific Prerequisite GPAs, select a Prerequisite GPA template from the View drop-down.
The resulting view displays a requirements column. To add a course to a prerequisite, click the Prerequisite GPAs button. Note that you must have the Modify Applicants' Custom Fields, Local GPAs, Prerequisites, and Requirements permission in order to update an applicant's Prerequisite GPA.
This panel displays the applicant’s personal statement/essay.
This panel displays the applicant’s reported conferences. To view additional information about the conferences, click Duties.
This panel displays the applicant’s reported work, activities, observation hours, and experiences.
To view additional information about the experience (i.e., organization, contact information, etc.), click Duties and Details.
This panel displays the applicant’s reported awards, honors, memberships, and other achievements. To view additional information about the achievements, click Duties.
Licenses and Certifications
This panel displays relevant licenses and certifications reported by the applicant.
Residencies and Fellowships
This panel displays relevant residencies and fellowships reported by the applicant.
This panel displays three sets of indicators for the applicant, which may include Economic Indicators, Environmental Indicators, and Geographic Indicators.
Geographic Indicators indicate if the counties listed in the applicant’s Preferred Address, Permanent Address, Alternate Contact Address, Childhood Address, Birth Address, Residency Address, or High School Attended are considered rural or medically underserved.
Childhood Indicators provide additional reported information about the applicant’s economic childhood situation.
This panel displays the history of email correspondence with the applicant. This history includes emails that have been sent or saved as a draft. Emails sent as a preview also appear here as drafts.
To view an email, click its title. The Emails panel also displays the status of each email. Emails appearing as drafts, including those sent as a preview, display a delivery status of Unknown.
If you have the Email Applicants permission in your Work Group, you can send emails to applicants here by clicking New Email.
If merge fields are incorporated into an email, the merge fields display instead of the applicant’s information. To see an email with all merge field information populated, send a preview to yourself.
This panel displays recorded notes and comments about the applicant. Notes entered here can be viewed by all users with access to this panel. You must have the Add Notes permission in your Work Group in order to add notes.
Creating a Note
- To create a note, click New Note.
- Enter your note in the Add Your Note text box, then click Save.
Deleting a Note
To delete a note, place your cursor under the note’s text, then click Delete. Note that only the note author can delete their note.
This panel displays a change log that includes the following:
- CAS Updates (the change date reflects the last date this information was transmitted from the CAS to WebAdMIT, not the date it was changed by the applicant).
- Local Status Changes.
- Decision Code Changes (available in select CASs).
- Applicant Redirections (available in select CASs).
If you change the Decision Code a Local Status is tied to, then the:
- History panel will record who updated the Local Status, the date and time, and these additional changes:
- Under the Local Status Changes subpanel, the same Local Status is listed twice.
- Under the Decision Changes subpanel, the new, linked Decision Code is listed.
- Local Status History report will include all data except for the Local Status changed date and by whom, as the Local Status was not actually changed for the applicant.
If you change the Decision Code a Local Status is tied to through the API, then the:
- History panel will record who updated the Local Status, the date and time, and under the Decision Changes subpanel, the new, linked Decision Code.
- Local Status Changes subpanel does not include any updates.
- Local Status History report will include all data except for the Local Status, Local Status changed date, and Local Status changed by whom, as the Local Status was not actually changed for the applicant.
If available in your CAS, this panel displays any supplemental activities created through the Applicant Gateway. You must have the Enable Applicant Gateways permission in your Work Group to activate an Applicant Gateway activity.