WebAdMIT is the web-based admissions management software that is available to you as part of participation in the centralized application service. It offers admissions staff tools to streamline the admissions process by building an applicant database that provides a comprehensive overview of their applicant pool while tracking each candidate’s progress through the admissions cycle. WebAdMIT helps admissions professionals take full advantage of applicant data to make the best decisions about their applicant pool.
Logging in to WebAdMIT
The WebAdMIT portal can be accessed any time an internet connection is available to you. To log in to the portal, use the following link: https://cas.webadmit.org.
NOTE: If you are a primary user at a new school, you will receive your WebAdMIT username and password from the WebAdMIT Support Team once your account has been created. If you are a user at an already participating school, you will receive your WebAdMIT username and password from the primary user at your institution.
Once you log in to your WebAdMIT account, you're brought to the dashboard, which includes an overview of your applications, their statuses, and access to WebAdMIT's various tools.
There are five main areas of the dashboard:
1. Page Header: Displays your name and school, as well as:
- CAS Logo: Click the link to return to the dashboard.
- Dashboard Link: Provides quick access to the dashboard.
- Account Link: Provides access to your account information; here, you can manage your contact information and password.
- Logout Link: Logs you out of your current session.
- Cycle Switcher: Where applicable, a drop-down will appear, allowing users to adjust their view to a different CAS or cycle.
2. Splash Message: Displays messages from Liaison and will not appear unless there is at least one posted message.
3. Menu Bar: Contains the tools you use to search, manage, and analyze your applicant pool, and provides access to support and training resources. Management and configuration functions are available for select users based on their permissions.
4. Applicant Channels: Provides a snapshot of recent and upcoming activities, including:
- Review Assignments: Displays any Assignments assigned to you, and only appears if you have incomplete Assignments.
- Interviews: Displays any Interviews assigned to you, and only appears if you have incomplete Interview assignments.
- Recently Submitted Designations: Displays applicants who have recently designated a program at your institution and submitted their application.
- Recently Updated Applicants: Displays the most recent changes occurring in WebAdMIT, including changes to contact information, new letters of evaluation, new test scores, etc.
- Recent Status Changes: Displays the most recent local status changes made by your admissions staff.
- Transfer Settings from Previous Setup: Where applicable, this panel allows you to transfer items from the previous cycle to the current cycle. This is generally done at the beginning of a new cycle.
5. Status Channels: Provides a numeric count of applications at each stage in your admissions process, including:
- Designations by Local Status: Displays the number of applicants you’ve assigned to each Local Status.
- Designations by Decision: Displays the number of applicants assigned to a Decision Code.
- Designations by Application Status: Displays the number of applicants in each Application Status.
Note that the Status Channels count designations; so where applicable, if applicants apply to more than one program (designation) at your institution, the displayed number factors in each application submitted.
WebAdMIT Administrators have the ability to add new users, modify their permissions, and disable existing users. To create a user:
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Admissions Users.
2. Click New User.
3. Enter the new user’s information, including the Work Group and Program Assignment(s).
4. Click Submit. The user will receive a system-generated email prompting them to create a password.
If you wish to grant a user full administrative access to WebAdMIT, their account can be placed in the "WebAdMIT Administrators" Work Group. This Work Group is available by default. If you'd like the user to have limited access, you'll need to create a Work Group with the desired permissions enabled.
Creating Work Groups
Work Groups allow you to manage permissions for a group of users, as opposed to managing permissions for each individual user. Users can only reside in one Work Group at a time. Note that a WebAdMIT Administrators Work Group is available by default and provides users with full administrative access.
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Work Groups.
2. Click New Work Group.
3. Enter a name for the Work Group and select the group’s permission sets.
4. Select the panels and subpanels that the group can view on the Applicant Details page, then click Submit.
Creating Local Statuses
Local Statuses allow you to track applicants by Designation during each stage of your admissions process. Optionally, Local Statuses can be matched to Decision Codes so that when you change an applicant’s Local Status, WebAdMIT automatically updates the Decision Code.
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Local Status.
2. Click New Local Status.
3. Enter a name and select whether the status is active.
4. Select the related Decision Code.
5. Choose a color to visually represent your status.
6. Select an Email Template to link to this Local Status. When an applicant is moved into this Local Status, a window prompts you to send, edit, save as a draft, or do not send the linked email template. Note that this option only appears when email templates exist.
7. Enter a description, select the programs associated with this status, then click Submit.
Once Local Statuses have been created, they can be assigned to applicants individually from the Designations panel on the Applicant Details page, or in batch via Lists, Searches, or the Clipboard.
Creating Email Templates
WebAdMIT allows you to create and save email templates for quick correspondence with applicants.
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Email Templates.
2. Click New Email Template.
3. Enter a name, select the associated programs, and select who can view the email template.
4. Enter a subject, then format the email. To personalize the message using mail merge fields, click the light bulb icon, then select the information you want to merge into the message.
5. Click Save.
Using the List Manager in WebAdMIT allows users to query their applicant pool for common admissions criteria, and then manage applicants who meet these criteria as a group. Field lists can be used to search for applicants using and/or criterion.
1. From the List Manager page, click New Field List.
2. Name the list, select who can view it (just you or everyone at your school), and indicate if it should appear in the Menu Bar under the Applicant Lists panel (this option provides you with quick access to run the list). Then, determine if you want your query to match all or any of the rules you will subsequently establish. You can think of this as AND/OR logic, except in WebAdMIT and = all and any = or.
3. Next, create a query by selecting a field, an operator, and criteria.
4. If applicable, click the plus and minus signs to add or remove criteria.
5. When you are finished adding criteria, click Submit.
Resources, Support, and Training
For more information or detailed instructions on the items listed above, please consult the WebAdMIT Help Guide.
For questions related to WebAdMIT, the WebAdMIT Support Team is available Monday-Friday from 9am to 8pm ET.
- WebAdMIT Support Email: email@example.com
- WebAdMIT Support Phone: 857-304-2020
Note that upgrades to WebAdMIT occur on Saturday evenings to minimize downtime for users.
Please visit the WebAdMIT training site at http://webadmit.liaisonedu.com. There you'll find links and information regarding webinars, in-person training, on-demand training, and other relevant documentation.