Working with the PDF Manager
The PDF Manager tool allows users to download full applications, scanned transcripts, foreign evaluations, letters of reference, and applicant uploaded documents in bulk, making it simpler for participating programs to work with them outside of WebAdMIT.
You can download up to 1,000 applicants at a time in .zip file format. If the list contains more than 1,000 applicants, you must create multiple exports. The maximum size of the .zip file is 1 GB; if that size is exceeded, multiple .zip files are generated.
The PDF Manager is available under the Reports & Exports panel, and access to this tool is controlled through Work Groups. Users must have access to the Manage Lists, Reports, and Exports permission set to use the PDF Manager.
When an admissions user accesses a PDF in WebAdMIT (within the applicant’s profile or through the PDF Manager), it will limit the data available in the same way that WebAdMIT limits access to panels on the Applicant Details page. This means that admissions directors can use Work Groups in WebAdMIT to redact information from the PDF for faculty reviewers and other staff to better mirror their local admissions policies.
Note that if your CAS doesn't include certain additional document types in the full application PDF (e.g., transcripts or letters of evaluation), you can't override this configuration and add them in through the PDF Manager.
Creating a PDF Template
You must create a PDF template before you can generate and download a .zip file of PDF documents.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Reports & Exports panel, then click PDF Manager.
- Click New PDF File.
- On the PDF Settings screen, select the list you want to use from the Create from List drop‐down. Then, name the file and select the Document Type. Only one document type can be downloaded in each .zip file.
- The attributes used in each PDF file name display in the File Name Pattern field and are customizable. For more field options, click the pencil button.
- Next, determine the contents of the PDF files by selecting which sections to include under Available Panels and Sub-Panels.
Note that the panels and subpanels available to select from here are dependent upon the permissions of the logged in user. Panels not enabled for a user to view (based on their Work Group) will not be available for them to select when configuring the PDF settings template. Also, if you don't select any panels and subpanels, then all panels and subpanels that are available to you through Work Groups are automatically included in the PDF Manager job.
- Once complete, click Save PDF Settings.
Document Last Printed Date
In some environments, a Document Last Printed Date logs the last date you downloaded a batch of documents using the PDF Manager. When creating your download, you log the Document Last Printed Date by selecting will under the Running this template drop-down:
Once you process the download, the Document Last Printed Date updates with the current date.
The Document Last Printed Date becomes useful when combined with a filter, as it allows you to create batches for integration with document management systems. Additionally, by applying a filter, you can prevent duplicate documents from downloading (which also helps keep your document batch sizes smaller). For example, as you create a download, you can filter for documents that do not have a Document Last Printed Date recorded, or documents that were printed in the previous month. To apply a filter, select the Include documents where the Last Printed Date is checkbox, then select a filter:
Note that selecting an appropriate filter depends on your institution’s processes. For example, your campus may download applications only once toward the end of the cycle. When the time comes to process the download—and because you haven’t previously downloaded these documents and recorded a Document Last Printed Date—you can use the NULL filter option to download all PDF applications.
Applicable Document Types
You can log the Document Last Printed Date for the following document types:
- Full Application PDF (including Applicant Uploaded Documents from Supporting Information and Program Materials quadrants)
- Transcripts (excluding High School Transcripts)
- Electronically Submitted Evaluations
- Foreign Evaluations (Note that this document type only includes Foreign Evaluations received from WES or ECE. Foreign Evaluations submitted through the Transcript Request Form are included in the Transcripts document type.)
Transcripts and Evaluations are only marked as printed if you download a batch of Transcripts or Evaluations; they won’t be marked as printed if you download the Full Application PDF that contains these items.
- To use this feature, you must be assigned to a Work Group with the Update Last Printed Flag via PDF Manager permission set.
- Although the Document Last Printed Date is logged in WebAdMIT, it’s not visible anywhere in the WebAdMIT user interface. This means you can’t view it in the PDF Manager or on the Applicant Details page, and you can’t include it in Lists or Exports.
- You can’t log the Document Last Printed Date when you download a document from the Documents panel in the Applicant Details Page.
- If an applicant is applying to more than one program (i.e., designation), a date is recorded for each program-specific document. For example, if you download a batch of full application PDFs for Program A, a date is recorded for Program A but not Program B.
- If you make a copy of a PDF Manager template that includes Document Last Printed Date settings, the copy does not retain the settings (this helps avoid accidental updates).
- You can clear the Document Last Printed Date in batch using the Clear Last Printed Date for ALL Docs for Checked Applicants option under List, Search, and Clipboard Actions. When you use this option, you clear the date for all documents for the selected applicants.
Generating and Downloading PDF Zip Files
Available PDF templates appear in the PDF Manager. To generate the .zip file of PDF documents:
- Click the template name in the PDF Template column.
Depending on document size, number of applicants, and other factors, it may take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for WebAdMIT to create the .zip file. You can monitor its progress and any errors in the Status column on the Recent Files page. Once generated, the .zip file is stored for 7 days.
- Download the .zip file by clicking the file name in the Download column.
Each document in the downloaded .zip file has a default file name. The variables used for each name are listed below. The name can be customized as needed.
Default format: <CAS ID>_<FirstName>_<LastName>_Transcript_<Liaison college code>_<College Name>.pdf
Example: 123456789_Jane_Smith_Transcript_2345_Watertown University.pdf
Default format: <CAS ID>_<FirstName>_<LastName>_Foreign Evaluation_<Evaluation Agency>.pdf
Example: 123456789_Jane Smith_Foreign Evaluation_Education Credential Evaluators.pdf
Default format: <CAS ID>_<FirstName>_<LastName>_Full Application_<CAS Side Program ID>_<Program Name>.pdf
Example: 123456789_Jane Smith_Full Application_3579_Epidemiology.pdf
Electronically Submitted Evaluation
Default format: <CAS ID>_<FirstName>_<LastName>_Letter of Reference_<Evaluator Name>.pdf
Example: 123456789_Jane Smith_Letter of Reference_Hank McCoy.pdf
Applicant Uploaded Documents
Default format: <CAS ID>_<FirstName>_<LastName>_Applicant Uploaded Document_<Source>.pdf
Example: 123456789_Jane Smith_Applicant Uploaded Document_Personal Statement.pdf