In this section, you can ask applicants to upload supplemental documentation, such as:
- School-specific forms
- Additional recommendation letters
- Supplemental application forms
- Test score reports
If you choose to require this, be sure to provide specific instructions.
- Click the Program Settings icon.
- Click the Documents checkbox on the left, then click the Documents link.
- In the Applicant Instructions field, add text that prompts applicants to upload the document type, along with relevant instructions.
- Use the Request toggle next to the document type in the Program Documents section to define whether the document is requested. This setting must be enabled (indicated by a green checkmark) for applicants to see it listed on the Documents page.
- Use the Require toggle to define whether the document is required. If this setting is enabled (indicated by a green checkmark), applicants cannot submit to your program unless they upload the document. If you want this question to be optional, leave the setting disabled (indicated by a gray x).
- Specify the maximum number of documents that applicants can upload. If you set the document to required, this will be the number of documents applicants must upload to apply to your program. If the document is not required, this will be the number of documents applicants have the option of uploading, but can still apply without doing so. You cannot collect more than 5 documents for an individual document type regardless of whether it is required or optional.
- Click Save.
Configuring Documents: Best Practices
- When adding instructions to this page, only include instructions that deal with completing the Documents portion of the Program Materials section. Including requirements or information regarding documents collected in other areas of the application (e.g., the Letters of Reference collected in the core application) may confuse applicants. Broader instructions like these can be added to your branding page.
- Make sure your instructions are clear and specific.
- Applicants cannot submit their application until all of their required documents have been uploaded, so be selective of which documents you decide to make required. Requiring documents that may take greater effort to obtain (e.g., background check documents) can cause delays.